Skat trak (Hauler, Edge) & ITP comparison for Sand

Hi gents,

I'm riding in sand dunes with ITP, I like to have more grip but still be able to slide/drift/turn.

I was thinking of 20x10-10 Haulers 9 paddles, as from what I read it seems to slide/drift/turn good.

Or should I go with the 22x12-8 8 paddles Edge

Or should I stay with the ITP and its not worth changing.

I have a 420 with a +6 swingarm, +2 +1 arms and  +2 axle

Edited by MeanMachine350

Larger tires and smaller rims will not slide/drift near as much. I have some quads with 22x11 - 8" and others 20x10-10" and there is a huge difference. If you really want the best bang for your buck get rid of that swingarm and go stock length. A +6 isnt going to turn regardless of the tires you put on there.

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2020 at 10:11 PM, 97Screamer said:

Larger tires and smaller rims will not slide/drift near as much. I have some quads with 22x11 - 8" and others 20x10-10" and there is a huge difference. If you really want the best bang for your buck get rid of that swingarm and go stock length. A +6 isnt going to turn regardless of the tires you put on there.

Thank you sir for your reply.

i was planning to go +2. But when I go +2 , which tire type/size should I go for ?

If you really want to slide it around the smaller tire and larger wheel will be better. You will be sacrificing traction so if you race at all you'll be at a disadvantage with smaller tire/bigger wheel. Its personal preference, unfortunately only you'll be able to decide what is more important. Or you can end up like me and have both.