TIME FOR AN UPGRADE

94Denger

Hey all, looking for recommendations as my banshee ate a chunk of intake this last summer. Looking to go bigger but i also want to be faster than my friends who are both sporting 421's, what i'm looking for is your guys opinion should I: build a 421 on race gas, a pump gas 472 or trench my case and go big 10mm or so. 

Cheers

Pretty much all stock, stock mikunis, vforce 4's, ported and polished, cylinders are oversized cant remember by how much, head's shaved still on pump, running sb cpi's. I did go to a billet clutch basket but that was a number of years ago now. Basically going to need: carbs, crank, pistons, cylinders, head, probably trans work and potentially pipe.

I'm basically looking for peoples opinion on whether or not the 472 will be good forever and I wont want to tear into it again in 5 years or should I just go to the 10mm and let my wallet suffer. 

1 hour ago, 94Denger said:

One rides a cub on pump gas but he's probably 80lbs lighter than me, the other is my weight but on a race gas cub. Last i checked the pump gas bike was around 90hp and the race gas bike was 110?

You’ll be building a cub then. 443 or 465 cc. You can go with a 5 mil crank and not have to trench. Your about to spend a boat load of cash so be ready...

Dune riding only, machine hasn't touched dirt trails in 20 years. I do like to hit the race hill a fair amount but the machine has to be duneable. I am aware that i'm probably going to have to blow a good chunk of change on this build but it's a sentimental rig so its worth it to me.