Jetting concern w T5’s

DoubleJay

Internal porting looks stock, but no way to be sure if the pistons are still stock or not. Tear it down and get them to whoever will bore them and they will tell you what size pistons you need. Just get some new weiscos and gaskets to keep the cost down. If you let it go and the piston gives up, it’ll cost a lot more to fix. 

• Like 1

My carbs are soaking in chem dip right now.. I’m reading instructions for this gauge. It says warm up engine.. well that’s not happening. Lol . Can I still do this??

How I always do my compression tests is I unhook the spark plug wires first off so it won’t start (or leave the key off) and then put the tester in and kick it over 5 or so kicks and read it. Repeat one or two more times and then go to the next cylinder. Sometimes I’ll squirt some oil in the cylinder if it’s an engine that’s sat for a while and could have dry non oiled cylinder walls. Let us know what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk