Banshee wont take throttle

03blkbanshee

1 minute ago, the boris said:

They last longer but more expensive to rebore, aren't they?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

It would cost more to rebore, but if you don’t skimp on oil and tune properly. I doubt you would ever have to 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the boris said:

When it comes to oil mate I'm definitely pushing it there, running 3.5% mix. Might move from stock setup on my next rebuild.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Not quite sure what that means, I run 32:1 in everything I own that’s 2 stroke. 

• Like 1

Any of the site sponsors can hook you up with known good parts.

Where do you live?

Call a site sponsor near you and have them bore your cylinders and provide you with the parts that you need.

There is zero reason to buy chinese cylinders off ebay.

1 hour ago, Keno said:

Any of the site sponsors can hook you up with known good parts.

Where do you live?

Call a site sponsor near you and have them bore your cylinders and provide you with the parts that you need.

There is zero reason to buy chinese cylinders off ebay. 

Are the cylinder kits on eBay just cheap china imitations? Is that what you are saying? Getting new pistons and cylinders seemed like a logical and good idea. Is that the most common workflow then? Take these down to a machine shop or race shop that knows these engines and just have these bored to the next size and just buy the pistons and rings from them? Just out of curiosity, how do I know if these cylinders that I have now are genuine yamaha or china garbage? Are they stamped somewhere?

2 hours ago, gusto said:

Buy wiseco pistons.

bore your stock cylinder

consider a port job mows the time and the difference is huge

go through your bottom end and check seals etc 

done! If you have the money send the whole engine to a sponsor 

I was definitely thinking of doing wiseco pistons. Will get them bored. I think I can do it myself especially with the help of STB's videos. I have built engines before, just not 2 strokes. The engine is on my workbench now and am definitely going to do the bottom end. It will get new seals whether they are good or not. I want this thing reliable and fun with hopefully no probs for awhile. Now is a good time to do it because the weather here sucks anyway.