Slipping at high RPM

Ladle58

I'm stumped a little bit on this.  I'm sure it's something stupid but maybe someone has had the same issue and can shed some light. 

At higher RPM, I occasionally get what I can only describe as an over rev without the power.  This issue started after I did a rebuild on the top end.  After some thought, it made sense that it was time to replace the clutch plates thinking the over rev was caused from slippage in the plates.  I replaced the clutch plates and the clutch basket and adjusted the clutch arm/cable. It is still doing the same over rev.  It tends to go away as it warms up. 

Looking for some input. One last thought is maybe the parking brake sensor is somehow messing with the revving issue.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

How built is the motor, and what clutch kit? 

Have you double checked all the adjustments on the clutch? (9 out of 10 times it’s this)

If there are any concerns with the parking brake or Tors systems, do a bypass to verify they aren’t the culprits. 

Thanks for the input.

I'm .05" over on the bore with basic mods. (Vforce reeds, k & n pods, FNF fatties) The clutch basket was OEM replacement and I went with Tusk clutch plates.

My plan is to do exactly that....  checking all the clutch adjustments. Next would be the parking break. (Torrs is already deleted) 

It's good to get another perspective on this. Feels like I'm on the right track.  I'll post in a few days on an update. 

Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Alright......  took way longer than expected to get to this. Pulled everything apart and everything looks great and is in spec. Only thing I can think of now is going with heavier clutch springs. Anybody have another possibility and/or recommendation on springs please. 

Edited by Ladle58
Makes more sense now

• 1 month later...

Yes indeed.  Funny what seems like big issues usually ends up being simple. New higher tension springs. Went ripping yesterday and all is good!

Well except for a new issue with low end bog. I'll save that for another post if needed!