Crank Seals leaking, should I replace crank at same time?

New to the Banshee scene, but talked to some engine builders and they are saying that stock cranks are wear items and if I am going to port/ make more power, I should be replacing that 20yr old worn out crankshaft.  Are they really a wear item?  Motor isn't ragged out, but does have some time on it for sure.  I am going to have it bored and ported while I have it out.  And I do have to split cases and replace seals, but the crank wasn't on my list.  Maybe it should be, what do you think?  Vito's 350HP seems the way to go, but not sure.

That was good advice that you were given.  Vitos 350hp? what is that. Im assuming your talking about crank shaft?  Driveline performance makes great crank shafts as well at an affordable price.  All assembled, welded and trued in house.  

I will be looking into the Driveline crank, haven't heard of them before. Thanks.  I had read where some of the people on BansheeHQ were only running Vito stuff because they thought it was the best or hadn't had any issues with their cranks.  The 350HP from Vito's is their higher end standard crank, with koyo bearings, coated rod bearings, etc.  Have no experience with any of the companies so looking for any pointers

On 8/27/2019 at 4:40 PM, Ayesully810 said:

That was good advice that you were given.  Vitos 350hp? what is that. Im assuming your talking about crank shaft?  Driveline performance makes great crank shafts as well at an affordable price.  All assembled, welded and trued in house.  

unless something has changed, crankworks is the only shop to make the components in house.