Squish Clearance

Salgon93

What’s up everybody. I’m rebuilding my banshee engine just installed a 4 mil hot rods crank and top end. *Cylinders are 65.50 with a drag port from herrjugsracing.* I just measured the squish using the solder technique and measured 0.038 with the base gasket already installed. What is a good clearance to have best performance and avoid carbon build up?

You get those cases sealed yet......?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not cases or seal problem, keyseat pto side problem.

I did it 2 times with threebond 1184, didnt work.

Last time i used loctite red stuff(thicker), i was 3lbs after 6 min, so it's ok with me now.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

On 4/30/2019 at 7:10 PM, Ayesully810 said:

.038 sounds good to me know drag motors run tigher clearances im at .058 on my play pump gas motor which is obviously pretty safe.  

.038 is a little tight from what most run.    Also the solder squish test isn't a perfect reading.  from what ive been told it can vary + or - a few decimals....   in this case... you definitely wouldn't want it to me any tighter... 

and 100% with skeeter lol..... and i know from experience

.038 is a little tight from what most run.    Also the solder squish test isn't a perfect reading.  from what ive been told it can vary + or - a few decimals....   in this case... you definitely wouldn't want it to me any tighter... 

and 100% with skeeter lol..... and i know from experience
Isnt perfect reading?? What would be the best way to measure it then??

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk