Will heat tape be enough

6b578315636c690ec2a7b4814b7e89e5.jpg76c67e0b4cf9676a1b0134777ea614bf.jpga7c68382f756d01f95057f9b11b18bc0.jpg
I damn close to an inch from touching. Still need to put on outer wears but they’re thin. Should I be worried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dont worry...the wind will puff the Outerwears up an they will have a hole in them on the first ride...🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just a heads up - if you use that fiberglass cloth style header wrap they sell at automotive stores, it will leave marks on your pipes after a while.  I've used it in the past around the filters and it worked good, but if you ever unwrap the pipes they will have marks from the wrap that are tough to remove.  If you don't ever plan to remove the wrap, then I would give it a try.  worked good for me in the past.

10 hours ago, BigRed350x said:

Just a heads up - if you use that fiberglass cloth style header wrap they sell at automotive stores, it will leave marks on your pipes after a while.  I've used it in the past around the filters and it worked good, but if you ever unwrap the pipes they will have marks from the wrap that are tough to remove.  If you don't ever plan to remove the wrap, then I would give it a try.  worked good for me in the past.

thanks

7 hours ago, locogato11283 said:

NASA wrap.

never heard of it. I will look it up. I want something that wont leave a mark on the chrome.

1 hour ago, ClaudeMachining said:

Chrome = gay.

We will look at your bracket soon my friend.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

Your jelly!

i made the bracket already for the shifter electronics, I have it attachingibg to my air box tabs.

what would be cool is if you could think of a bracket that can attach to my stator bolts that can hold the shifter

Your jelly!
i made the bracket already for the shifter electronics, I have it attachingibg to my air box tabs.
what would be cool is if you could think of a bracket that can attach to my stator bolts that can hold the shifter
I'll be your soon. I will have more time in a couples of weeks.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2019 at 2:38 PM, Canadianshee said:

Installed SLP pipes, I am wondering if a few layers of heat tape be enough to prevent exhaust melting pod filters.

Install went smooth all the mounting holes lined right up after muliple adjusment. Any ideas appreciated.621128494ff20f14b0e8e5f68fdea4e9.jpg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Been there done that. I didn't like it. Please take my advice get high temp silicone radiator hose to proper diameter and slip onto exhaust pipe only use enough wear it contacts pod filter. Been using it two seasons now no holes in filter..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...