Clutch Issues and Bigger Nuts

Okay so this past weekend I went to Ocotillo and had a half successful trip.

A few days before I went on the trip I put the clutch together. While I was doing that I noticed the nut that holds the clutch basket on is the same size as stock on the outside (32mm) but the threads were bigger if that makes sense. A stock nut will not screw on my crank only this nut will. It is a long rod crank.

The problem is this is stopping my bike from moving and the clutch from working at all. I think the back of the pressure plate (right by the holes the spring screws go through) is hitting the nut and stopping the clutch from engaging because the pressure plate won't quite seat right and make contact with the fiber. And yes I lined the pressure plate up right but even with the pressure of the springs it isn't seated quite right.

I am able to pull the clutch in and it does move a little but not as much as my other Banshee.

Any of you guys ever dealt with this? Why would my crank have a larger inner diameter than stock? How would I fix this?

I don't have pictures because the quad is still put together.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Okay so this past weekend I went to Ocotillo and had a half successful trip.

A few days before I went on the trip I put the clutch together. While I was doing that I noticed the nut that holds the clutch basket on is the same size as stock on the outside (32mm) but the threads were bigger if that makes sense. A stock nut will not screw on my crank only this nut will. It is a long rod crank.

The problem is this is stopping my bike from moving and the clutch from working at all. I think the back of the pressure plate (right by the holes the spring screws go through) is hitting the nut and stopping the clutch from engaging because the pressure plate won't quite seat right and make contact with the fiber. And yes I lined the pressure plate up right but even with the pressure of the springs it isn't seated quite right.

I am able to pull the clutch in and it does move a little but not as much as my other Banshee.

Any of you guys ever dealt with this? Why would my crank have a larger inner diameter than stock? How would I fix this?

I don't have pictures because the quad is still put together.

On the clutch side, the primary nut is M16x1 and the one that hold the basket is M20x1

Im not sure to understand your problem. We will need some pics.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

On the clutch side, the primary nut is M16x1 and the one that hold the basket is M20x1 
Im not sure to understand your problem. We will need some pics.

Basically the pressure plate is hitting the nut that secures the inner hub and preventing the pressure plate from seating all the way.

Basically the pressure plate is hitting the nut that secures the inner hub and preventing the pressure plate from seating all the way.

Humm...Weird...I cant help ya... My engine is on the bench, ill check tonight if i can see whats happening.

This is impossible. There’s no way the pressure plate can hit the clutch basket nut. Let’s see some pics of this.