Overflow reservoir

ZIGGYBAM

So i have a 4mm stroker motor with open air filters....i ended up taking off my reservoir tank and running/ziptieing the overflow lines down the frame...i was told to just remove the tank by a few people that have the same setup as i do...is this ok or do i NEED the overflow tank...i only ask because a couple nights ago i started it after i removed the tank and noticed a little water leaking out if the tube...hasnt happened since then...just wanna make sure its not gonna overheat without a reservoir...i dont really ride super hard with it...i was thinking of getting a billet overflow tank but theres not much extra room to install it, so id rather just not have one...just seeing what some of u guys do.

thanx

3 hours ago, kawa110 said:

You spray your overflow on those nice ass LED pipes.....

doesnt matter he dented them already  lol

and dont worry about it spitting some.  It should stop though once it levels off like said above ^ just keep your eye on the level. But if you ride it, and it sprays like a mother, your cooling system is getting pressurized by the motor via leaking dome o ring, if its not doing that though then dont sweat it just ride

Edited by Ayesully810

Thank you...i read here about people removing them too...i just got nervous since i started it the first time with the reservoir removed and some water leaked out....but it hasnt done it since and like i said i dont ride super super hard...some trails, pits, and a few hill climbs here and there....