Need starting point on 34 PJs

Teambeast

160,48, cel needle middle clip, I’ve seen these carbs take bigger than that on ported set ups at sea level. A lot depends on how well the porting and pipes work together. If they are working efficiently with each other less of a main jet is needed than a mismatch set up that you can throw fuel at for days 

27 minutes ago, sleeper06 said:

160,48, cel needle middle clip, I’ve seen these carbs take bigger than that on ported set ups at sea level. A lot depends on how well the porting and pipes work together. If they are working efficiently with each other less of a main jet is needed than a mismatch set up that you can throw fuel at for days 

is that usually how it works with all setups? if the porting is matched good with the pipes, it will require a smaller main? why is this

No problem, biggest thing with those carbs is getting them synced and staying that way, I think I started 7-10 turns out for start up on the idle knobs then I used the cfm guage to dial them in perfect. Just be careful every time you use the choke so you don’t knock it out of sync 

• 3 weeks later...

What was your procedure for the chop. Parts look good, parts look borderline . 

#1- how’s it run

#2-have you tested your electric components and cleaned all your ground points . Make sure your head and case have continuity with your frame without the black wire coming from your stator plugged in .

Procedure was warm up on old plugs and then change for new plugs for the chop and WOT thru 6th, pull in clutch, kill engine and cruise to a stop. Take out plugs and put old ones back in.

It felt great and I think it's fine but I will try the 165 mains on them when I get them.

You think they look lean in the photos?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maybe just the pic , thought I saw some grey hints with chocolate on one side and light brown on other. It’s damn close for sure. On customer bikes I leave em rich because no one rejects anything around here. I add fuel till it rolls over in 6th then back it down one size and tune needle