Overflow radiator hose

Quick question....i noticed that a hose going into my coolant reservoir is just hanging..its got a T-fitting on it...theres one side that goes to the reservoir and one side that goes into the waterpump...then theres a seperate hose thats plugged into the same T fitting thats just hanging down...im just wondering if it plugs into a fitting on the motor i may be missing...im not leaking coolant but theres none in the reservoir either.....not overheating or anything, but i think it plugs in....im wondering if it creates vaccum when the coolant is low and takes it from the reservoir,...my reservoir is fitted under my seat by the way......i dont know how to post pics on here but if someone wants a pic pm me ur email or cell and ill send a few...i just noticed it today

Edited by ZIGGYBAM
Forgot something

I always trash the overflow bottle and just run the overflow hose out of the radiator and zip tie to the frame and come out by the a arms. Never had a problem with 6 or 8 bikes we've done this too and lots of guys here do the same. But as far as the way you say your hoses are ran, the overflow hose should in no way be hooked to the hose out of the water pump housing. That is one of the 2 crankcase vents. Theres one in between the rear motor mounts and the one coming out of the water pump housing, them 2 are supposed to be tee'd together then ran up over the steering hoop then pointed down. Most guys just block the front one off. 

I eliminated that stuff on every motor ive had. I capped the one vent with a silicone cap under the water pump.. as far as the coolant over flow, same thing, Just run it down the bike fame in the front and zip tie it.  Also the vent tube in the back just run the tube out the back.  I dont even have a tube on my breather tube, just the white plastic piece.  iVe never had any issues but im sure some will disagree

So the little nipple on the top of the waterpump should have nothing plugged into it? The nipple looks just like the overflow on the carb bowl.. It looks like one of the ends was plugged into the vent...maybe accidently...i think im gonna end up removing the whole assembly tank and all...where on the radiator could u run the overflow hose out of? Its just small tubing...it was just weird when i got motor back the tube was kind of just there and i never noticed it prior....thats why im inquiring

16 minutes ago, ZIGGYBAM said:

So the little nipple on the top of the waterpump should have nothing plugged into it? The nipple looks just like the overflow on the carb bowl.. It looks like one of the ends was plugged into the vent...maybe accidently...i think im gonna end up removing the whole assembly tank and all...where on the radiator could u run the overflow hose out of? Its just small tubing...it was just weird when i got motor back the tube was kind of just there and i never noticed it prior....thats why im inquiring

yes just cap the transmission vent under the water pump. and the tube from the radiator, just run it down the frame next to the left a arm, just zip tie the end to the bottom of the frame and cut the access off.