Need help before tommow

Hey guys need some advise with my carbs. My bike is dune ported stock stroke vforce4 reeds 40over and stock carbs with pods, running pump fuel.

Ive had this issue before I got my motor ported there is a miss/cut out of idle to 8th throttle. I’ve always left it but trying to get it tuned perfect to get the most out of my port.

Elevation is 1200, carbs are 340 mains/ needle on 4clip or second down from top. And have a 30 pilot. This problem gets better the farther I have the air screws in if I got 1.5 turns it gets worse. Do I need a smaller pilot? It’s just in that throttle range from there all the way up top it’s a arm puller.

29 minutes ago, yamahaman244 said:

Hey guys need some advise with my carbs. My bike is dune ported stock stroke vforce4 reeds 40over and stock carbs with pods, running pump fuel.

Ive had this issue before I got my motor ported there is a miss/cut out of idle to 8th throttle. I’ve always left it but trying to get it tuned perfect to get the most out of my port.

Elevation is 1200, carbs are 340 mains/ needle on 4clip or second down from top. And have a 30 pilot. This problem gets better the farther I have the air screws in if I got 1.5 turns it gets worse. Do I need a smaller pilot? It’s just in that throttle range from there all the way up top it’s a arm puller.

I recently tuned my buddies stoke stroke, drag ported, 66mm with pods, pump fuel and vforce3 at 400ft and 90 degrees. 27.5 with the needle where you have it was the ticket. I would think at your altitude you would need a 27.5 or maybe even 25.

I recently tuned my buddies stoke stroke, drag ported, 66mm with pods, pump fuel and vforce3 at 400ft and 90 degrees. 27.5 with the needle where you have it was the ticket. I would think at your altitude you would need a 27.5 or maybe even 25.

Thanks for the reply I do have some 25s I could try. Like I said tonight I had the air screws all the way in maybe alittle off seated and it was good. From what I read that means I have to big of a pilot.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or is it the other way if you have to have the air screws almost all the way in you need a bigger pilot?

Would suggest you need a bigger pilot. That would surprise me but every bike is different.

www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/134987-pilot-jet-adjustment/

Ya it doesn’t seem right. Don’t have any air leaks and bike runs amazing from quarter throttle on up. Just if your in that one throttle ranch it cuts out and burbles unless air screws are in almost seated

Just now, yamahaman244 said:

Ya it doesn’t seem right. Don’t have any air leaks and bike runs amazing from quarter throttle on up. Just if your in that one throttle ranch it cuts out and burbles unless air screws are in almost seated

Listen to the bike, if you have to have the air screw in more than 1 turn from seated you need to up the pilot.

340 is definitely not big for a dune port. What pipes do you have.? Who did your porting? There’s a lot of variables once you change a port dimension. I would get needles that are meant for larger jets. You in fact might need a bigger pilot still . The area your describing is a diameter and taper issue 

No I havet tried a different needle, Kevin at hjr built my motor he suggested with my set up should be running between 340 and 320s. Plugs seem to like the 340s for me I do a lot of top end riding so I’d rather be rich up top then lean.

road today and ran awesome but that’s with the air screw quarter turn out from seated if I go anymore it will stumble from idling around to 8th throttle. Runs amazing up top. And right now I’m running t5s with this set up.

I would bump the main down to a 320. 340 is pretty big for a stock bore/stroke motor. Fuel will bleed by the needle and main causing a low end stumble. Jmo
[/quote

It’s 40over head is shaved enough to still run pump fuel dune ported t5 exhaust vforce 4reeds stock carbs with pods

Sometimes people can over pilot a set up to compensate for a needle issue. If porting doesn’t agree with the pipes or is a lil off with what it takes in to what it puts out, you might not be able to make it happy. Don’t get hung up on what everyone else runs , give it what it it wants. I’ve seen 35 and bigger in stock carbs running crisp. Now that I see you have toomys call them and get a set of there needles. Oem needles were not designed for that large of a jet and don’t transition well . It’s too much too quick, every now n then I get lucky with the stock needle on the leanest clip but not often .

Sometimes people can over pilot a set up to compensate for a needle issue. If porting doesn’t agree with the pipes or is a lil off with what it takes in to what it puts out, you might not be able to make it happy. Don’t get hung up on what everyone else runs , give it what it it wants. I’ve seen 35 and bigger in stock carbs running crisp. Now that I see you have toomys call them and get a set of there needles. Oem needles were not designed for that large of a jet and don’t transition well . It’s too much too quick, every now n then I get lucky with the stock needle on the leanest clip but not often .

Ya Kevin ported the cylinders knowing I was gunna be running t5s these pilots were in when I bought the quad which was along time ago back then it just has t6 pipes and lid of airbox. As far as the needle what is the leanest the the first clip from blunt end.?

Sorry I’m new to this jetting to get it really on target always just messed with the main on my race sled but banshee is deffinly little different as far as the needle and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...