New To Banshees, Planning to Build

iTeach

Hello All,

I’m a New York guy that’s new to banshees. Growing up I had motor bikes, and I’m familiar with how engines work. I would like to start my own banshee build. If some of you can lead me in the right direction that’ll be great. I was thinking about buying a bare frame to begin with and start from there. Im humble and open to opinions. Take care guys. 

Hello All,
    I’m a New York guy that’s new to banshees. Growing up I had motor bikes, and I’m familiar with how engines work. I would like to start my own banshee build. If some of you can lead me in the right direction that’ll be great. I was thinking about buying a bare frame to begin with and start from there. Im humble and open to opinions. Take care guys. 
Welcome... im in ny too... anything i can do to help lmk...lol I'm not an expert like most of these guys but im willing to help...i think a ground up build is awesome but can get expensive quickly... you really need to figure out what your gonna be doing with it so you know what direction your headed

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

It will be used for leisure, and also some off road riding. Most importantly it’ll be a hobby of mine that will he garage kept. I am a little mechanical savvy at this level, but not on a car level lol. But a two stroke engine I can work with. Based on what I already know and the help you of guys I can be led in the right direction. Should I just buy a frame first or.....? 

Find a nice used 4mm Serval motor.  4mm is typically the most stroke that fits in stock cases with out modification and a Serval cylinder is a very common aftermarket cylinder that is set up with porting that is aimed more toward the recreational/trail riders. Motors like that are capable of making about 80hp and 50 ft lbs of torque on pump gas and not much timing. To make a stock cylinder motor do that is gonna take a lot of compression, timing, and expensive fuel. 

As easy/cool as they are to build, id HIGHLY recommended anyone with any level of ability to start with a complete quad and go from there. You can nickel and dime yourself when piecing them together. Id get a decent complete, unmolested bike and personalize it from there.

Welcome to the forum!  This is the best place to find information, individuals and companies (shops) to deal with!  I am from New York too. If you need help building your motor contact Sleeper06.  He is also here in New York and can build, port and assemble anything that may be out of your ability..  

If your looking to build a frame up banshee than buy something as cheap as you can that needs a lot of work, and customize it step by step to your liking.

Start looking here or in Craigslist..

http://www.quadhunter.com/yamaha-banshee

I don't think Banshee and leisure go together :rotflmao:

X-3 on complete bike. A Banshee being parted out would bring more than if sold whole. I picked up a complete bike for $500. Motor has lots of issues but I should have a running bike for about $1200. Won't be no garage queen for that price, but I'm ok with that.

BTW, WELCOME !!