• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got ya hotrod9193.. about where I'm at.. can't prove that engine is getting the fuel though, can not flood it like I can my other bike.. i know it has spark.. I known it has air.. it start with direct injection.. But with carbs on it will only and barley run with throttle.. problem is not carbs.. I'm 100%.. I switch plug caps, both make same size spark.. But not sure if reeds are letting fuel in.. therefore goes my leak, right????? No bottom end compression to open reeds on strokes.. no reeds open, no fuel into cylinders, no starty.. right? Did that make since?

Ok then just do this...... tare motor completely down... split the cases.... order a COMPLETE gasket and seal kit along with some crank case sealant. Install all new seals, apply sealant to the crank case halfs and reassemble with all new gaskets. No need to apply sealant to gaskets unless you have a fd up case or cylinder. Then come back and let us know what's going on

If you have a crankcase leak it's drawing air in from there as well, so it's getting to much air coming in and not enough fuel..... So when you dump a bunch of fuel on the piston it starts and runs until that fuel burns up, assuming your carbs are 100% and so is your electric then it has to be a crank case leak

I bet that is why the dude thought it was burnt up. It smoked and only had 95psi when I bought it.. But after tare down cylinders weren't that bad to only have 95psi.. so I bet if i go compression check that bitch, it probably still has around 100psi on new top end, because crank seal is leaking.. right?