• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banshee still no start.. only way it will start is when I use a syringe and directly put gas into top of motor through plug holes.. QUESTION IS.. when I bought, was promised it ran, I rebuild carbs sonic cleaned all new jets, floats set at 21mm, it is not a carb problem. But when I took reeds apart I had 1 yellow 1 white in each carb.  IS THAT STOCK REEDS? IS THERE A HIGH AND LOW? So when bike does start for the 5 seconds on first kick, it still smokes, now equal smoke out of both pipes could be smoke off from the rebuild??? So how it starts when I put direct fuel into cylinders, but dies 5 sec later and will not will not start back up unless I full throttle and kick the shit out of it and then again smokes and dies.. IF CRANK SEALS WERE BAD WOULD IT RUN BUT JUST SMOKE OVERLY BAD? OR WOULD IT NOT RUN AT ALL?

Carbs on the right way? Choke tube in the middle? As Dennis said make sure your pistons are in the right direction. And do yourself a favor and search leak down tester on this forum. You can build one for less than $30 and it is a life saver. Test that motor!!!! One little air leak can do crazy things to a 2 stroke engine

Forum is too diff to post pics.. yes piston are in correct.. carbs are perfect.. so where from there.. timing? Spark? Fuel? Timing advanced plus 4.. haven't messed with it. Plugs make spark so coil works good enough. So has to be reeds not letting enough fuel in.. or head gasket blown and in t secs the coolant bogs engine down.. But not blowing any coolant out when I pull plugs and kick it over, so not burning enough to kill it. Put bit is idle screw kit on.  Just for f sakes screwed them all way in to make sure it had enough fuel to start. If too much it will flood and I will know.. it is not flooding.. so has to be reeds, head gasket, or crank seal.. 

So idk, one part at a time until I find the fn problem.. Just don' know where to start. Be diff if I owned bike before it needed rebuild.. now rebuilt, everything on the mfer was rigged so no telling. Didn' my best to restore every part to knew before reinstalling.. now I'm here.. bike started smoked like he'l out right side. Switched plug caps, rejetted carbs, sonic cleaned carbs, 21mm bowl height, new top end, new spark plugs, old coil.. coil makes good enough spark to start and runs for  5 secs after I put gas into cylinders. Carbs are not leaking.. bike will not restart after first gas into cylinder start up unless kicked to high fn hell and held at wot. Starts, idles down roughly, smokes evenly out pipes, still too much smoke, and dies. 

Should not be any leaks.. unless its the reeds.. all new gaskets, cleaned surfaces to new new and then some.  all new top end.. only thing that I should have did was use gasket sealer on the copper head gasket. So what would leak that bad to make the bike smoke like I'm burning extra extra extra oil.. thick white smoke, no 2 stoke smell? Used castor 927.. other bike I run klotz.. don' know the smell of this POS with 927.

How will a leak down help me here.. I'm starting but smoking and not starting.. I'd bet a left nut it' not a leak.. How? I watch south Texas banshee on You tube do a leak down.. looks like a pain in the ass to not really tell me the prob.. leak down tells me leak on left side or leak on right side not where on what. Still leaves me guessing.. for  $30 would still rather just replace head gasket and or add a f load of gasket sealer to copper gasket???? Or is that not recomended??

So when i take this mfer back apart to find if it is head gasket or crank seals or whatever.. Should I use gasket sealer on the head gasket? I have 3 head gaskets, 1 copper came with cheap top end.. 2 a tusk head gasket, 3 reused head gasket made of  steal with a silicone bead around all seal top and bottom still looks reusable???????

FFS..... when diagnosing a runibility issue anyone with common sence is going to start with the basics.... fuel? Spark? Air? Compression? Ok you have all those right? Then what's next???? Oh ya let's see if our motor is leaking..... did you know that with a 2 stroke all your air is pulled in from under your piston? So where do you think a crank case leak plays into this???