Ebay shocks

Gazlay43

Has anybody been brave enough to try these? They look a little better than the original ones that originally started popping up on eBay. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F371802517728

These are the original ones I'm talking about. They look a lot weaker https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F391926925243

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^what he said. I’d rather buy a used reputable brand, then buy a new junk brand. Worst case scenario, you rebuild the reputable brand. I hate to admit it, but I have never bought a new shock. I have gotten lucky with used that were valved for my weight and swingarm. If you are patient, they will come up on Ebay.

Ya I've been keeping my eye out for some, but every time I find some they're either beat to shit or not stock length. I don't mind rebuilding them, but a lot of the Elka's or even some works that I've found just look like shit. Especially the Elka's, the red anodizing is always faded to pink. This banshee is just gonna be a dune bike so I was thinking maybe I'd be able to get away with using those cheap shocks. Guess I'll just wait for some used ones to pop up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a set of works off of ebay for a good price. were built for bike/rider/ riding type. loved them out on the dunes. paired them with a set of ebay +2 A arms and rides 10xs better than stock. very happy. there is a difference between budget and cheap.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

So here is the info he sent me:

Hey Joel, So what I usually supply & build for Banshee’s is a pair of full adjustable piggyback shocks that I make the correct eye to eye and stroke length. I then re-valve them to your weight and the quads specs (the +2 arms). They have new shaft bushing’s,
o-rings, wiper and main seals. I remove, replace and stack the compression and rebound valve shims using the right diameter shims stacked in the correct order for your specs. Fresh synthetic oil, nitrogen charge to the correct psi. Once the shocks are built I resurface and paint the shock bodies special edition black using a high heat ceramic enamel paint. The progressive coil springs are sandblasted and powder coated to match the quad or desired color.
Cost of the shocks,build and re-valve would be $420 for the pair. Shipping is $25 so $445 shipped.
Also if your budget allows I would suggest having your rear shock rebuilt to your specs and to match the new valve to front shocks. Depending on your weight and the length of the rear swingarm cost would be between $150 and $190 for me to rebuild, re-valve and put the correct spring rate for your specs with everything I do to the front shocks including paint and powder coat.
If you have any questions at all or just want to pick my brain feel free to give me a call.
Thanks,

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Have any of you guys had any experience with Jogaca shocks? I found him on the South Texas Banshee FB page.

They look and sound like they're well built. Everything about them is tailored to the rider.

He's asking $450 for front shocks.856de62e33f3ad2f149681ee792bf5d7.jpgd02bfeca2fdb651991337353bb2dce28.jpg

He revalves them shortens them and changes the springs out. But that's more money. These are yfzr shocks for the alba arms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, .Spencer. said:

If they are shortened to be stock length, what is the drawback of a rebuilt 450 shock?

If not these, what do you recommend that is in a similar price range?

Kevin (Jogaca) is a nice guy and does quality work. With the said I would never spend $450 on oem shocks that have been painted and an aluminum block inserted to shorten the stroke and length. At $550 you can get a new set of floats which would be worlds better. You can also pick up some used Elkas for $300-450 if you look around. I have a couple sets of refurbished works shocks I would sell in the $300-400 range, they will be posted in the swap shop within the next week when I get time to get them out and take pictures.

• Like 1