SOS jetting question

t3h hott!

T6 pipes and silencers(repacked)

stock motor w/ cool head 

stock carbs (no tors)

air box w/ lid mod k&n cone filter

boyensen reeds

sea level running 32:1 mid 50’s to 70’s temp.

It has 300M/ 27.5P/ 4th N clip

bike is hard to start when cold and feels rich... I have 260M and 25P but I’m afraid it’ll be too lean... any suggestions? Also keep in mind summer temps here soar into the 90’s (FL).

I ran a 25 pilot on a stock motor with t5s and pods this past summer and fall and it fired first kick np.  Once it started getting colder in the fall it started a tad bit harder, id change the pilot out with a 25 since u have it and see what it does, couldn't imagine it would need a 30 with those mods. Did you try turning your air screw in as well to see if that helped? What needle do you have? Toomey is best for stock carbs.  Make sure all electrical stuff is within spec too first. I see cool head too. Did u up compression from stock compression or are u still at 120?

Edited by Ayesully810

Stock needle 4th clip, Air screw is 1.5 out

I've researched and most other with mods close to mine are running 280-300M and either 25-27.5P I haven’t had much seat time on the bike but this weekend I plan on swapping the pilots. Before I do that, would you suggest leanin out the needle back to 3rd Clíp pos?

Im getting new plugs tomorrow since it fouled out these 2.

17 minutes ago, t3h hott! said:

Stock needle 4th clip, Air screw is 1.5 out

I've researched and most other with mods close to mine are running 280-300M and either 25-27.5P I haven’t had much seat time on the bike but this weekend I plan on swapping the pilots. Before I do that, would you suggest leanin out the needle back to 3rd Clíp pos?

Im getting new plugs tomorrow since it fouled out these 2.

300 M should be about right for that prolly on the rich side if your 70 degrees out and a little above sea level, U could prolly drop a size but I would have that be the last thing you do right now  cause the main jet would have nothing to do with your starting issues.  Put fresh plugs in, swap the pilot to a 25 turn your air screw 1 turn out and see if it starts better.  If it does and it still feels like its too rich, lean the needle out a clip.  I ended up in the middle I think.

Edited by Ayesully810

7 minutes ago, Ayesully810 said:

300 M should be about right for that prolly on the rich side if your 70 degrees out and a little above sea level, U could prolly drop a size but I would have that be the last thing you do right now  cause the main jet would have nothing to do with your starting issues.  Put fresh plugs in, swap the pilot to a 25 turn your air screw 1 turn out and see if it starts better.  If it does and it still feels like its too rich, lean the needle out a clip.  I ended up in the middle I think.

I’ll try it out tomorrow and let you know how it goes, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2018 at 10:25 PM, Ayesully810 said:

sorry i haven't had a lot of time to mess with the banshee, but i tried the 25 pilot needle 1.5 turn out and same shit, so after talking to multiple people, most agreed that i should be atleast close to correct jetting with 300M and 27.5 pilot... so i went ahead and started checking the electrical system and found the ignition coil isn't putting out any reading when i checked the primary (0 ohm) also my secondary wasn't putting anything out either... should i rule that coil bad? mind ya it does start from cold and will hold idle for about 5 mins then its harder than shit to start... last night my leg damn near fell of from kicking the sob!

Change the plugs, check the spark while kicking, 

Blue=good

Follow the electrical protocol for right now. 

when things heat up they expand...... when it is warm it is harder to start.

I am thinking electrical, check the stator pickup gap and go from there.

dont do it.

just get OEM u can find one on FB pretty cheap. I just sold a spare a month ago. had i still had it atm I would have just gave it to you.  Go to the BHQ facebook swap parts and trade page u will find one there without a doubt

Edited by Ayesully810