Any shops that can remove this Flywheel?

Hey guys!

So I was recommended to weld my flywheel puller on to my fucked flywheel to get it off. Well, it didn't work and I am a shitty welder. I also don't think the welder was getting hot enough (Harbor Freight :sick:). Oh well, it was worth a try.

So, does anyone know of a shop preferably in Orange County, California that can remove this flywheel? I would like to keep the stator intact and not mar the crank also. But I have a feeling this thing is going to need to be pressed off and if that doesn't work, cut off. And if it has to be cut, I can say goodbye to my stator.

Hey guys!

So I was recommended to weld my flywheel puller on to my fucked flywheel to get it off. Well, it didn't work and I am a shitty welder. I also don't think the welder was getting hot enough (Harbor Freight :sick:). Oh well, it was worth a try.

So, does anyone know of a shop preferably in Orange County, California that can remove this flywheel? I would like to keep the stator intact and not mar the crank also. But I have a feeling this thing is going to need to be pressed off and if that doesn't work, cut off. And if it has to be cut, I can say goodbye to my stator.
Photosa69ca3aa4c9966c9d0ed3bf9182dfc12.jpg8e0328655c2ebf6031551dd04382e8e2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've had to cut a couple off before. You can do it without damaging the crank or the stator if you take your time. If the woodruf key has rocked in the keyway, you will never pull it off or press it off. I had one stuck once and had it in a 10 ton press and it wouldn't budge. 4f88e24b477b2caa64e60d58d2468925.jpg17e3d3d42f653023418a50607158d385.jpg4509a745228cf77bb44c7ef5568d7ead.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Brooklyn350 said:

Look up a jaw gear puller. I've used them to pull Yfz450 flywheels without a hitch. I'm sure the bigger ones can be adjusted to fit over the banshee flywheel and it will not damage anything. Good cheap tool to have laying around anyway

you see the damage currently on the flywheel? ya, that happened from a jaw puller. never use a jaw puller to get a banshee flywheel off as it can cause the damage seen above.

11 hours ago, Banshee2105 said:

Photos8e0328655c2ebf6031551dd04382e8e2.jpg

The welded didn't get hot at all. Hold it on there a little longer and turn the amps up more. Get the juice flowing and get the welded to penetrate both the flywheel and puller good. Get it red hot.

I've had to cut a couple off before. You can do it without damaging the crank or the stator if you take your time. If the woodruf key has rocked in the keyway, you will never pull it off or press it off. I had one stuck once and had it in a 10 ton press and it wouldn't budge. 4f88e24b477b2caa64e60d58d2468925.jpg17e3d3d42f653023418a50607158d385.jpg4509a745228cf77bb44c7ef5568d7ead.jpg

What tool did you use to make these cuts?

Try turning that harbor freight welder up.....
If the weld penetrates, it will work.
Take it to any muffler shop—-they usually have a good old welder “guy”
I had the cheap one. It only had two settings Min and Max. I had it on Max and I feel like I had the wire speed at a good rate and it still did nothing but spitter spatter.

1 minute ago, Banshee2105 said:

I had the cheap one. It only had two settings Min and Max. I had it on Max and I feel like I had the wire speed at a good rate and it still did nothing but spitter spatter.

you have gas in it? last time i used the mig, it was very low on gas and ran out, it would pop and spatter and didn't give a good weld.

What tool did you use to make these cuts?

4.5" grinder and a die grinder with a cut off wheel after I ground the river heads off with a grinding wheel.

You just have to be careful not to cut into the taper of the crank.

It's dirty and time consuming but it will save your crank and stator.

The welded didn't get hot at all. Hold it on there a little longer and turn the amps up more. Get the juice flowing and get the welded to penetrate both the flywheel and puller good. Get it red hot.
I had that cheap ass welder on Max and that was still the result. I returned it and HF deemed it to be defective. I think I'm going to just cut it off as suggested by another user. I really appreciate your advice man.