Need jetting HELP runs like GARBAGE

Working on a bike for a friend. Athena 392cc big bore kit, stock crank (as far as i know), stock carbs, stock airbox no lid, k&n filter, fmf pipes, gutted t5 silencers (idiot before), elevation 60ft above sea level. Whats a good base to start jetting at? Currently had 320 mains, stock needles (i think) on 4th groove from bottom, (6 total). Unsure of pilots. Runs like poo!! Wouldnt even hit power band. Now have 290 mains, now it will hit power band if i rev it high and stay there, but boggs out and wont idle same as before. Tried needle in all positions, no change. Will maybe sometimes idle but mostly doesnt. Running too rich still!! Wth? Choke problem? Float height is 23mm and needles and seats do not leak. Seems like it gets way to much fuel. And i know 290 mains are lean, even with needles all the way lowered it still acts the same. 

Why do you have to be a jackass? . It was 11 oclock in the night and i didnt even mess with it hardly. He insisted it was a needle or main jet issue so i proceeded with what he wanted me to do. And for the record, its got a 30 pilot, and he doesnt want to buy new silencers yet for a bike that doesnt even run right. Compression is 140psi. And some dumbass put boyeson ppwer reeds on the right cylinder and left the left cylinder with the worn iut originals.

40 minutes ago, Wreckless_Rider said:

Why do you have to be a jackass? . It was 11 oclock in the night and i didnt even mess with it hardly. He insisted it was a needle or main jet issue so i proceeded with what he wanted me to do. And for the record, its got a 30 pilot, and he doesnt want to buy new silencers yet for a bike that doesnt even run right. Compression is 140psi. And some dumbass put boyeson ppwer reeds on the right cylinder and left the left cylinder with the worn iut originals.

40 minutes ago, Wreckless_Rider said:

Why do you have to be a jackass? . 

It's my thing. Glad you got it sorted out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get something to run rite with nothing that's rite never works out. 

1- pressure test

2- ohm out all electrical components and check grounding

3- install the rite parts

4- fix the silencers 

Try again, there's a ton of things it can be . This is where an experienced mechanic earns his money. I always liked this saying."just cause you changed the part doesn't mean you fixed the problem "