Treverton Coal Hills

Ayesully810

Youll be fine. Your not gonna play on the big hills anyway. The big hills WILL destroy your bike with one fuck up. There are still thousands of hills that you can play on with your setup. I ran my turbo setup will a stock swing arm and 22” ambushes for a weekend and made it up a lot more hills then i expected. But then again, thats a 4stroke power. A 2stock wont make it up shit with knobbies.

5 minutes ago, special06shee said:

Youll be fine. Your not gonna play on the big hills anyway. The big hills WILL destroy your bike with one fuck up. There are still thousands of hills that you can play on with your setup. I ran my turbo setup will a stock swing arm and 22” ambushes for a weekend and made it up a lot more hills then i expected. But then again, thats a 4stroke power. A 2stock wont make it up shit with knobbies.

Yeah I don't plan on climbing any of the Og hills, not on my first trip out there.

Worst thing about climbing... one mishap and bike is destroyed.

did u ever take ur turbo raptor there? that thing would have prolly walked right up the hills.  Whoever has a 10mil serval on here that rides coals ,idk who he is , but hes got vids of his 14 yr old riding his 10 mil up them hills and hes got a d7 raptor and hes got some good climbing vids

Hey I’m the guy that used to have the 10mil serval and the Turbo raptor.
I traded the banshee motor for the raptor and have been using the raptor ever since. I no longer have a turbo on the raptor thou :(
I just sold the banshee that I had lol and got my son a raptor project to work on.

If your gonna drive 8 hours to get here my suggestions are buy a used or new +4 swingarm setup and a set of cyclone paddles..
Yea it will set you back about $400-500 depending but you will have way less issues unless you really like to wheelie.

You can always sell the stuff after your trip.

Or keep it for next trip?

Let me know if you come up.
If we plan it right we can maybe do a big camp and ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be cool! I will def keep that in mind. I just sold my +4 this season. But im sure i could find a plus 4 easily. I love to wheelie but my goal is to make it home in 1 piece my first trip there lol so the safer the better this time around

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

That is a badasss bike.  What paddles are those

How would you compare riding a turbo raptor to a worked banshee?

Ive got 9 paddle padla brats comp cut, but I feel like those will NOT last there, they are buffed down so much I think they would go flat within hours bc of rocks and what not.

Edited by Ayesully810

Not truly fair comparison my banshee was strictly hill climb setup instant power and longer swingarm with big paddles.

Raptor is slightly shorter with smaller paddles.

The Turbo does not make the bottom end tq I was hoping for but made big power in mid and topend.
The setup I have now is better for bottom end but don’t make the power on top as the Turbo :(

I want to build another Turbo setup.
I would not run the paddle brats.

These are called paddle masters

Cheapest good coal tire is the cyclone

Nice and you ran shearers on that? iirc from your youtube vids.  Im gunna be running them on a 7mil driveline motor with serval port timings. How was your on off throttle response was with those pipes?  I ran slps on my 4 mil driveline motor lower port timings and that thing was always on the pipe as long as I was on the throttle.  Im sure it will be slightly different with this setup

Once I got my domes set as far a squish and angle and compression that thing was insane I’ve never ran a motor that was snappier and instantly on pipe.

It did not rev like a cub thou.

I ran a tight squish with a narrow band width with lots of compression
19cc domes
Kicked out at 195psi

32 minutes ago, lms1977 said:

Once I got my domes set as far a squish and angle and compression that thing was insane I’ve never ran a motor that was snappier and instantly on pipe.

It did not rev like a cub thou.

I ran a tight squish with a narrow band width with lots of compression
19cc domes
Kicked out at 195psi

Okay good to know. I planned on running 110 so ill be in the higher comp ranges as well.