Treverton Coal Hills

Ayesully810

Looking for advice from seasoned riders that have been here before. So I'm going to be looking to head out to the coal hills in 2018 for the first time ever.  Its about an 8 hour drive from my place.  Few questions.

1. Where are some good places to stay? Planning on being there for the weekend. 

2. What time of year is best to go there, weather wise, obvi the dryer, the better 

3. What should I expect? Some of these hills look massive, I am not a pro rider, but I'm not a beginner either. 

There are big and mediocre hills. It depends on what you want to do. If you’re going to hillshoot all day on big stuff bring paddles. If you want to trail then obviously dirt tires. You should be able to make it up some decent hills with them. I like late summer early fall the best. A buddy of mine is opening a bar and restaurant in Gowen City and plans to rent out the rooms above. It’s right next to the ATV park and the neighboring town of Treverton. As you decide on the time let me know. He plans to be up and operational by April. I’d be down for this as well. Gives me plenty of time to get my junk running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, sheerider11 said:

I'll go with you bro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

sounds good OFFICER

ill let you know as time gets closer .

and thanks schweets ill keep in touch with you too.

I know hills are deceiving too when you look at it from the bottom some times they look huge but as soon as you start climbing them they don't seem as big.  But treverton has some daddy hills so im sure they are some monsters lol

7 minutes ago, Schweet97Z said:

Look up Glen Burn Hill on YouTube. That hill is in Shamokin another neighboring town. No reason you can’t hit it though if wanted. Def a paddle tire hill.

Isn’t DDQ planning on coming up this way next year?

Ill start on the smaller hills and work my way up lol that thing is huge

2 minutes ago, special06shee said:

This hill is on the back side of the glen burn. We cut this in 3-4yrs ago. I was the first to the top. Took MANY tries.

did u ever take ur turbo raptor there? that thing would have prolly walked right up the hills.  Whoever has a 10mil serval on here that rides coals ,idk who he is , but hes got vids of his 14 yr old riding his 10 mil up them hills and hes got a d7 raptor and hes got some good climbing vids

Edited by Ayesully810

did u ever take ur turbo raptor there? that thing would have prolly walked right up the hills.  Whoever has a 10mil serval on here that rides coals ,idk who he is , but hes got vids of his 14 yr old riding his 10 mil up them hills and hes got a d7 raptor and hes got some good climbing vids

Yes i had the turbo raptor there 3times. I tried the hill probably 20times with it with no success. The turbo setup made too much power for the swing arm length. I only had a +4 swing arm on the raptor. The orange banshee was my 10cub(110hp) on a +8 swing arm. I was also running dominator paddles on the banshee.
  • Like 1

That would be Mike.

8 minutes ago, special06shee said:

Yes i had the turbo raptor there 3times. I tried the hill probably 20times with it with no success. The turbo setup made too much power for the swing arm length. I only had a +4 swing arm on the raptor. The orange banshee was my 10cub(110hp) on a +8 swing arm. I was also running dominator paddles on the banshee.

dang even the shee wouldn't make it up?

3 minutes ago, special06shee said:

I made it on the banshee a couple times. Thats me in the vid.

Well here is my next question. Whats traction like on the hills there? Im going to be running close to a 100 hp bike on a stock length swing arm with paddles (as of now that's what I have)

flipping a wheelie up a hill the whole time gunna be an issue?