2005 Banshee MX Project

Mackington

Got the new Pingel dual outlet valve installed! Used MotionPro 1/4" fuel lines and they fit perfect. I also used 1/4" fuel rail clamps on the ends to secure them in place.

ScpUBKH.jpg

jiATMgt.jpg

I am still waiting on my JL engineering -1 Swingarm and the TM Designworks chain guide kit. Other than that though I think it's done!

Here is the high-altitude jetting thread for anyone interested: 

https://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/189915-upgrading-to-28mm-pwks-from-stock-carbs/&page=2

Just need warm weather now!

Great looking build thus far and love the colors, keep those pics coming!!!  Getting ready to start my complete rebuild as well.  I noticed you have the Chariot thumb throttle assembly, is your thumb lever loose as hell in the housing, side to side that is?  Mine just wobbles and rattles around.  Hell, my worn out OE thumb throttle had less slop in it with worn out bushings lol.

Keep up the great work on your build!

Tony

1 minute ago, coops03shee said:

Great looking build thus far and love the colors, keep those pics coming!!!  Getting ready to start my complete rebuild as well.  I noticed you have the Chariot thumb throttle assembly, is your thumb lever loose as hell in the housing, side to side that is?  Mine just wobbles and rattles around.  Hell, my worn out OE thumb throttle had less slop in it with worn out bushings lol.

Keep up the great work on your build!

Tony

Thanks Tony! I have a -1 JL swingarm landing soon for it with that same candy blue finish. More pics soon!

My chariot throttle does rattle around a bit. First thing I did was swap out the shorter lever for the longer one. After messing with it 100 different ways I believe that slack is intentional. Any way I tried to tighten it up would interfere with its operation. It would get stuck and stuff. I'll never go back to OE now though! lol. My throttle is crazy easy now with the 28mm PWK's and the polished up springs. That plus the leverage with the longer lever is the way to go!

I appreciate the reply about your Chariot thumb throttle.  I did the same thing with tightening it up a little.  Mine had a good 1/16 inch gap up and down, I tightened that up a little and it helped some.  I agree as well, the extended arm they send along is nice!  

My Fireball -1 swing arm should be here Tues, next is to order their +2 +1 a arms and get the chassis done.  Every time I look at my shee I hear what sounds like a HUGE shop vac running, then it hits me, it's that thing sucking money outta my wallet lol.  Such is the life, gotta pay to play right! 

Again, thanks for such a quick reply!  Keep up the great work and keep us posted on how things are coming.

Tony

23 minutes ago, coops03shee said:

I appreciate the reply about your Chariot thumb throttle.  I did the same thing with tightening it up a little.  Mine had a good 1/16 inch gap up and down, I tightened that up a little and it helped some.  I agree as well, the extended arm they send along is nice!  

My Fireball -1 swing arm should be here Tues, next is to order their +2 +1 a arms and get the chassis done.  Every time I look at my shee I hear what sounds like a HUGE shop vac running, then it hits me, it's that thing sucking money outta my wallet lol.  Such is the life, gotta pay to play right! 

Again, thanks for such a quick reply!  Keep up the great work and keep us posted on how things are coming.

Tony

Nice! I wish I found Fireball sooner. They make some sharp looking stuff for great prices.

Lol I know the feeling! Now that I'm nearly finished I put together a parts list. Wish I didn't add it all up hahaha

Hoping to finally ride it at a track this weekend! More pics soon!

1 hour ago, Mackington said:

I forgot to post these pics of the +2 (length) +1 (forward) Lonestar Steering Stem installed. It clears the IMS 5.6 Gallon tank perfectly! I was able to eliminate the handlebar risers I was using. Now I just need to finish cleaning up the handlebars.

FtVJGL5.jpg

Nrz31Av.jpg

7MeH1t8.jpg

ZHG85ld.jpg

Did you have to buy longer brake lines when you went higher with the stem?

15 hours ago, Canada said:

What model magura is that, looks a bit different to the one I bought for my cr500r, master piston 9.5mm?

Great question! I ordered it off of amazon. The part # was 0120522-10. The one I received was different then the one pictured on amazon. Color is the obvious difference but not sure about size difference. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MQA6G0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ya that looks totaly differenet to all the ones I see, Mine is the gold color like from your link, But even different to that as the lever is got a barrel with the red adjuster dial towards the inside.

I tryed to order the 9mm but Magura said it was disscontiued and they only had 9.5mm units, Oh well it still works great many pulls later. Theres a trick to sealing and venting the slave cylinder vent cap that is almost a must do if you want it to live, as water can get in there very easy.

2 hours ago, Canada said:

Ya that looks totaly differenet to all the ones I see, Mine is the gold color like from your link, But even different to that as the lever is got a barrel with the red adjuster dial towards the inside.

I tryed to order the 9mm but Magura said it was disscontiued and they only had 9.5mm units, Oh well it still works great many pulls later. Theres a trick to sealing and venting the slave cylinder vent cap that is almost a must do if you want it to live, as water can get in there very easy.

I’ve also heard about the slave cylinder issue. How do you fix it?

• 2 weeks later...