2005 Banshee MX Project

Mackington

• 2 months later...

Update!

So I finally splurged for a set of Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks and it did make a HUGE difference. I also installed a bunch of engine components too like a cool head, domes, water pump, radiator, spark arrestors, hydraulic clutch, and TORS delete. I also managed to get the IMS oversized tank installed.

With winter here now I've shipped my motor over to the guys at CT Racing to build me a 400cc Stroker Motor! Last week I also broke my Streamline Steering Stabilizer due to the weird way I had it mounted and as a result I've got a new Duncan Racing bumper and Streamline Stabilizer on the way.

More pics to follow once motor lands!

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

awesome... good to see you pulled the trigger on a good set up for suspension.

Just a small FYI, If those shock covers are the cheap ones that have no  "fluffy" padding or what ever it is inside lining you may want to remove them... they will wear out the PC on the springs in no time and make them look like crap / rust.

Also its good if you only install them during use and remove them when its parked so they dont hold in water / dirt ect... 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 11:10 AM, ride.race.live said:

awesome... good to see you pulled the trigger on a good set up for suspension.

Just a small FYI, If those shock covers are the cheap ones that have no  "fluffy" padding or what ever it is inside lining you may want to remove them... they will wear out the PC on the springs in no time and make them look like crap / rust.

Also its good if you only install them during use and remove them when its parked so they dont hold in water / dirt ect... 

Thanks for the tip! I found those cool Elka shock covers designed specifically for those shocks and got them installed. I'll post a pic soon! I also installed Alba racing beadlocks with Maxxis Razr2's after finding a deal on them :) I'll post pics soon.