2005 Banshee MX Project

Mackington

Not trying to pick your build apart... but there's a lot of places you shouldn't of spent on... if you wouldn't have.. you would of had 2x the banshee with good suspension all around...  instead your going to have flashy parts aftermarket plastics with old ass used yfz 450 shocks and untouched oem rear shock

1 hour ago, specialblend07 said:

My first banshee I had I raced MX with. It had a stock rear axle and swingarm, stock shock on rear, it did have +2+1 a-arms and TCS shocks. I also ran T5s, it was fun and competitive for the class I was in

Right on! How much do TCS shocks run? The YFZ450 shocks i got are a bit longer than stock and offer the adjustability I'm after for a good price. Good for now but eventually will go with better ones. There are a few threads around regarding the topic of running YFZ450 shocks on 2+1 A-Arms. Excited to see how it all turns out with those LSR 2+1's.

File_000.jpeg

99% of the people on here will have nothing good to say about running YFZ shocks.. especially for MX.... 

The valving of the shocks is way wrong and the geo of the a arms wont work well with the shocks...

Like I said in my previous post... if you wouldn't of wasted your money on plastics and "bling" that really has no benefit you could of bought yourself a proper set up....

20 minutes ago, ride.race.live said:

99% of the people on here will have nothing good to say about running YFZ shocks.. especially for MX.... 

The valving of the shocks is way wrong and the geo of the a arms wont work well with the shocks...

Like I said in my previous post... if you wouldn't of wasted your money on plastics and "bling" that really has no benefit you could of bought yourself a proper set up....

When you say "the geo of the a arms" are you referring to the stock A-Arms or the LSR 2+1's?

And sure the plastics and "bling" don't add any performance gains but it will sure look good :) 

The vision I have for this bike is long term(ish) and I've got nothin' but time.

the YFZ shocks will not properly perform on EITHER stock arms OR LSR's arms...  the shocks where not valved or built to be ran on banshee geometry and a amr geometry.... 

Sure it will look good but thats about it.....

You could of been 2x as fast, half as tired and less chances of eating shit with proper chassis set up.... but instead you rather look cool then have something that actually performs properly..  see what im getting at....  may as well chrome everything and leave it on your trailer because its all show no go

Just now, ride.race.live said:

the YFZ shocks will not properly perform on EITHER stock arms OR LSR's arms...  the shocks where not valved or built to be ran on banshee geometry and a amr geometry.... 

Sure it will look good but thats about it.....

You could of been 2x as fast, half as tired and less chances of eating shit with proper chassis set up.... but instead you rather look cool then have something that actually performs properly..  see what im getting at....  may as well chrome everything and leave it on your trailer because its all show no go

lol k

believe me or not... but its well known.. and no one here is going to disagree with me....  #1 mod the banshee needs the most is proper chassis upgrades.. not half ass cobbled up shit.. then people turn around and complain how poorly it handles... it handles like shit stock.. dont make it worse by throwing shit off a entirely different bike on it lol

2 minutes ago, ride.race.live said:

believe me or not... but its well known.. and no one here is going to disagree with me....  #1 mod the banshee needs the most is proper chassis upgrades.. not half ass cobbled up shit.. then people turn around and complain how poorly it handles... it handles like shit stock.. dont make it worse by throwing shit off a entirely different bike on it lol

Yea I get it. This build had no plans for A-Arms initially lol. Until I found them for cheap hahaha

1 hour ago, Mackington said:

Right on! How much do TCS shocks run? The YFZ450 shocks i got are a bit longer than stock and offer the adjustability I'm after for a good price. Good for now but eventually will go with better ones. There are a few threads around regarding the topic of running YFZ450 shocks on 2+1 A-Arms. Excited to see how it all turns out with those LSR 2+1's.

File_000.jpeg

I bought them used for $250 on ebay. They worked great. I wasn't a pro rider, and I never had them re-valved for me weight.

I'm assuming you're not a pro rider and frankly you probably won't notice the difference between that setup and one designed for a banshee.

1 hour ago, ride.race.live said:

99% of the people on here also have probably never ridden MX, or can't out ride the stock suspension. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, specialblend07 said:

I bought them used for $250 on ebay. They worked great. I wasn't a pro rider, and I never had them re-valved for me weight.

I'm assuming you're not a pro rider and frankly you probably won't notice the difference between that setup and one designed for a banshee.

99% of the people on here also have probably never ridden MX, or can't out ride the stock suspension. 

Cool! That's all I want really are shocks with more travel to compensate for the 2+1 LSR's. The adjustability is just a bonus really! For around $250 that's a pretty good deal.

Since we've boiled this down to shocks, what options do I have? Seems to me any decent setup costs $1500+. All I'm trying to do is have front shocks long enough for these LSR 2+1 A-Arms. I see a pair of Elka 3's can be had for around $1000 but still pricey IMO. The 1 series are cheaper but no reservoirs? PEP has ones that are a little cheaper but not by much.