1996 banshee gasoline in my stator area

epop39

So I recently got this banshee a few months ago I love it I just completely rebuilt my top end and im doing a complete bottom end this winter but any I had a few oil leaks so I'm getting ready to order a new seal kit for it and I was taking all the covers and I notice I got gas pouring out of my stator anybody have any ideas what need to do to fix that lol

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Sounds like the floats in your carbs are or were sticking causing it to let gas flow into the engine while setting. But I would stop riding it and replace the seals because i bet the crank seals are bad as well otherwise your stator should be dry. Leak down test it to be sure but that's about the only way I could see that happening unless someone thought it was a good idea to store gas in the stator cover. Look up leak down tool here on this site, it's pinned in the technical thread. And go through your carbs and make sure all is good and clean and the float height is set right

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Keno said:

In addition to the crank seal, also check the Stator grommet. It could be letting stuff in the stator area.  FAST sells replacements if you need one.

This. It is most likely your stator plug. The left carb will overflow, leaking on top of the engine, then leak into the stator through that plug.

Had the same problem. Carbs were leaking a ton of fuel onto the top of the engine and leaking into the stator. The casing on the wiring was opened up and allowing fuel to go down into the stator. I pulled everything apart, cleaned it real well and was able to seal everything up. I re did the wiring and use silicone to seal up the inside grommet.