At $700 a set, are toomey t5's overrated?

When my motor was all stock with boltons, I went from t-5s with V3s, then swapped out to v4s and CPIs.  I honestly didn't like it.   While there are better pipes out there than t5s, there are worse.  If you have them, I'd use them.  But I wouldn't buy them.

Several builders have told me that the T5's are one of the best "all around" pipe. Although some people think they are overpriced and better options are available, if you have them, they will work perfectly fine with basic mods and even some mild builds as well.

On 9/19/2017 at 0:18 PM, ZillaFreak said:

Who has told you T5 are the best all around pipe?

I did say one of ;) and FAST. I inquired about getting Shearers and was told to stick with what I have as the T5's are a great all around pipe.

I've read it elsewhere while scrolling through different posts too but I take it you're disagreeing...? It seems as if everyone has a different opinion on pipes. Some work with low, mid, and top end. I guess its a matter of what works best for you and the type of riding you do. 

Edited by Johncl5p

On 9/13/2017 at 5:00 PM, Ayesully810 said:

I have never rode a pair of CPIS yet. I would love to try them to see how they do

They come on a little later and pull a little longer than t5's and t6's. That's what i noticed on my old set up. They worked fine. Sure it may not be ideal, but toomeys were fun. My bike was more fun all around with t5/t6 pipes. My bike was better in drag races only with cpi's but i swapped trans/tires/gearing for it so it was an unfair comparison.

Just now, sleeper06 said:

All around trail machines I think pro circuit are underrated and have some of the most forgiving throttle response, same as the DMC pipes. 

When I rode Justins banshee with PC, it had great all around power. Same with PT pipes and even Fatties. The throttle response was there, power was there down low. T5 are just laggy.

• Like 1