Troubleshooting my new 4mil build

2 hours ago, sleeper06 said:

Oh boy you had me scratching my head like wtf. I'll take those cylinders back if there useless to you. I will tell you this those cylinders correctly set up will outrun a serval.  Brandon the duration was 195-196 with 35 blowdown, not optimal for that pipe but I've used them before also. What really got me was how he said the gear revved instantly and I know with my porting and those blowdown numbers it should feel like turbo when it gets on the pipes and over rev better than most. It just sucks you never got to see the full potential of those cylinders .

1 hour ago, sleeper06 said:

Makes sense why the plugs were backing out now. I thought through text you sent me squish numbers. I should have had you send me the solder , I would have picked up the converging angle with my mic 

I know, I would have liked to see how she actually went with the correct domes. The reason that I am going with the Serval is because the stockers would need to by bored out to 66 and I was told that they are kind of a time bomb with that thin of a wall. I was going to go back to ported stock cylinders but after considering the cost of re-porting and pistons and domes, the serval kit just made more sense. I am going to hold on to my stock cylinders and maybe down the road I will use them on another project. Now lets see if Noss will help me out on the cost of the correct domes!

Edited by Cody_t123

i have a stock cylinder 4 mil with 66 bore.  no issues.  its not that the walls are too thin,  its the fact they dont make a piston for any bigger of a bore.  if i melt mine down, i am gonna look into nic plating the cylinders to give them life again, unless there is a smoking deal on aftermarket.  

• Like 1

Wsm makes a banshee style 66.50 or like said switch to blaster pistons. I see where your coming from tho if you can send me pics of the damage to cylinders I'm wondering if a home and wsm pistons would work wsm is slightly larger than wiseco in some cases. I usually go to wsm with my gauge and take the largest one even tho there all pretty close 

10 hours ago, sleeper06 said:

My travel season is over and I will gladly take the bike and figure it out for you. Me personally would run shearers on that set up the lrd could be heat soaking the cylinders  or incorrect signal which would explain why you could throw 410s at it and it still be lean . I have done 100s of 4 mill stockers and never had anyone disappointed with port work so I would love to see what the deal is. I also have every pipe known to man on hand so I can see what works best. I feel for you . 

Can I get a set of GRR Suicide In Frames?

• Like 1

i have a stock cylinder 4 mil with 66 bore.  no issues.  its not that the walls are too thin,  its the fact they dont make a piston for any bigger of a bore.  if i melt mine down, i am gonna look into nic plating the cylinders to give them life again, unless there is a smoking deal on aftermarket.  

how big can you go before you have wall thickness issues? 

Varies. Some 66mm is too much, others can go 66.50mm.

The intake bridge porting will have some effect on cylinder life once you reach the 66.0 mm mark.

From my experience with a 66.0 mm stock cylinder and aggressive intake porting, I would be very hesitant to go that route route again.

I had both intake bridges cracking and ultimately break causing a catastrophic failure for me.

Yes , that's pretty much nasty racing motors and sheerider setup . There bikes scoot pretty well. Ex width shape and time area will Also come into play as well as transfer volume. I also like certain dome configuration. In short no issues at all