Troubleshooting my new 4mil build

Hey guys, just finished building my 4mil long rod, ported stock cylinder build on my banshee. After heat cycles and running multiple tanks through the bike, I loaded up and took the bike to Winchester bay. While there, I faced nothing but dissapointment in my new build. The bike was getting beat by my buddies stock banshee up banshee hill. This was extremely dissapointing due to the fact that prior to the build, my bike was consistently 1-2 quad lenghts ahead of him. the powerband feels extremely short and it is hard to even get the front end off the ground. It sounds like it is running very crisp and clean but the power is lacking. 3rd gear tops out almost instantly after shifting and then 4th gear is a struggle to hold rpms. I am running my stock carbs with 370 main jets and 30 pilots. I have tried 28mm flat side mikunies and got all the way up to 410 mains and it was still acting extremely lean. Spark plugs were backing out. This is when i switched back to the stock carbs and it made it run much more crisp and stopped backing the plugs out. I have 19cc stroker domes in my pro design cool head also paired with the weisco 795 pistons, hot rods 4mil crank with the 115 long rods and no spacer plate. My cylinders are an agressive dune port set up for a 4mil and they were ported by Carl.  my timing is advanced +4, I am running 10 paddle haulers with a 14 tooth front and a 43 tooth rear sprocket. Anybody got any suggestions on trouble shooting this? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ginger said:

have you done a plug chop?   btw normally if plugs are backing out, its detonation.  

yes, plugs look good now, when i swapped back to my stock carbs, the detonation stopped and the spark plugs stayed in but it is still slower than it was stock lol

15 minutes ago, hercalmighty said:

Have you done a leak down test?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

leak down test was done before i put the motor back in and it held 8 lbs for over 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes it started to drop a little but i think that was leaking out of the tester. I will do another test now that it has ran a bit when I get home tonight.

27 minutes ago, Cody_t123 said:

will check compression again when i get home

again?

what was it when you checked it after the re build?   You should be at least 170 psi in each cylinder with compression with that 110 gas. If not that will explain a part of your problem.  Carl does top notch work.

Edited by Ayesully810

14 minutes ago, SandSlingerOR said:

Lrd s are probably holding you back a bit. Try some cpi s, what size rear tires? For 20s rear tires I like 14-41 or 43's like your running. 

Running 20" 10 paddle haulers. I had a 41 rear before and I went to 43 hoping I could pull 4th gear up banshee hill but it didnt change anything. I like my LRDs but I am sure I could get a bit more out of a CPI or Shearer inframe

2 minutes ago, Ayesully810 said:

again?

what was it when you checked it after the re build?   You should be at least 170 psi in each cylinder with compression with that 110 gas. If not that will explain a part of your problem.  Carl does top notch work.

I checked it once before I was done with heat cycles and it was only at 125 psi each, but I think the rings werent completely seated when I checked so I will check again when I get home. And yeah Carl is a good guy, if I cant figure it out, we are going to meet up and see if he can figure out what is going on.