Paddle info. TSS from 2009

Since this is directly pointed at me............besides the hand written measurement on the side nothing about a 76" circumference tire is 22" tall.

I completely get that that tire can be stretched (or even shrunk) to a roll out outside of its original carcass size. We do this every fucking day with tires. You were just being an ass about it. It is not likely an off-the-shelf tire and the OP in that other thread would never find one of those. I was trying to point him to a 24" tire (it seems I really meant 25") to get the roll out he desired. 

So I concede that there are some higher roll out tires on that 22x11x8 carcass. But I did not appreciate the condescending manner in which you went about it. And I will continue to measure roll out including the paddles, because it works for me and apparently every single racer at the track. Your insult to me implies that everyone at the track is clueless. GFYS.

• Like 2

Since this is directly pointed at me............besides the hand written measurement on the side nothing about a 76" diameter tire is 22" tall.

I completely get that that tire can be stretched (or even shrunk) to a roll out outside of its original carcass size. We do this every fucking day with tires. You were just being an ass about it. It is not likely an off-the-shelf tire and the OP in that other thread would never find one of those. I was trying to point him to a 24" tire (it seems I really meant 25") to get the roll out he desired.

So I concede that there are some higher roll out tires on that 22x11x8 carcass. But I did not appreciate the condescending manner in which you went about it. And I will continue to measure roll out including the paddles, because it works for me and apparently every single racer at the track. Your insult to me implies that everyone at the track is clueless. GFYS.

Lol you got into your feelings. Let me help you understand more. The tire size 22x11x8 that Skat buys and gets directly come in different ROs and that is the same for other tire sizes also. Not sure why that's so hard for you to understand. I have seen the 22x11x8 tire size skat gets in a high 60s to 76 ish RO not including paddles at 4-5 PSI on 8x8 wheels and this is RO not "stretched" by airing up at high PSI for days to get

Lol you got into your feelings. Let me help you understand more. The tire size 22x11x8 that Skat buys and gets directly come in different ROs and that is the same for other tire sizes also. Not sure why that's so hard for you to understand. I have seen the 22x11x8 tire size skat gets in a high 60s to 76 ish RO not including paddles at 4-5 PSI on 8x8 wheels and this is RO not "stretched" by airing up at high PSI for days to get

Fair enough. I don't know what OEM tire they start with and after they buff it it changes anyway. It's all nomenclature then. If they want to call a 24" tire a 22" carcass then fine.

Sloppy labeling and manufacturing for a tire to be off that much.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Fair enough. I don't know what OEM tire they start with and after they buff it it changes anyway. It's all nomenclature then. If they want to call a 24" tire a 22" carcass then fine.

Sloppy labeling and manufacturing for a tire to be off that much.

One that's why there's tire size and then RO. Two different numbers. I said this from the start. Two it's China junk, that explains a lot

I am unfamiliar with what tires they use. If a tire is stamped by the OEM  as a certain size it's mind boggling that it can be off 10 percent of it's claimed size. But...China junk says it all.....So I am NOT in the know regarding the apparent massive variability in the carcass size Skat Trak uses. I know I fought this when trying to buy some 78" roll out tires. I bought 2 sets (25x12x10 ??) that were advertised at 78" only to actually measure them (on the paddles like I always do) and they were 76" to 77"....and  I already had a 76" set (measured on the paddles) and didn't even need another. 

It's ok. You and others think I'm an idiot in some subjects but in reality it's the other way around. I accept your apology

It's not the fact that you were somewhat correct on the tire carcass (I still haven't seen a pic the OEM carcass that is stamped 22x11x8 but measures 24") but if you say it's the case then I believe you. Or if you say Skat Track just labels all of the 8" tires as such that's fine too.

It's the belittling of me (and countless others here) that got under my skin. I'm wrong on shit all the damn time.

Nothing about this shit is rocket science. MDR, my race team, is a motherfucking force to be reckoned with at the track. And when you imply, or just say flat out, say I don't have a clue....well I guess it's just dumb luck then.

My apologies for questioning the great JT on how Skat Trak measures and labels their tires. Can I just paint 315 on my car tires? Will it make them wider?