Gasket maker options

maggdog

I'll build my engine I can't get yamabond or black sealant

Don't have a near dealer for that

So I have two gasket maker in hand

What is good for the cases?630c71cd713e44d34f23df1dc0405ccd.jpg

Must be something impervious to petroleum and stays flexible. Order it from Amazon or eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Permatex Motoseal is equivalent to yamabond. Wherever you got the Grey RTV should be able to get it for you.

Sent from my 5065N using Tapatalk

Just read carefully if they are fuel resistant.

If So, they are good to go, no rocket science here.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

yep. way to many people lose sleep over this shit. a bunch of sealers out there that work just the same. permatex ultra black I use on everything from head, base, crankcase, intake gaskets. most the rtv that ive seen (black,red,gold) is petroleum resistant. motoseal, and all the Honda/Yamaha/suzuki bond works also but its a bit less viscous than rtv. like claud said its not rocket science

• Like 1

Motoseal is not the same as yamabond, very very close but not quite the same. I personally would use yamabond or Honda bond. They have always sealed cases very well for me and hold up over time and as well as any fuel you want to use. The yamabond works GREAT as a gasket dressing as well. All the greys will work but Yamaha/hondabond are a bit more reliable over time in my experience but surface prep is key key key.

I've used Motoseal for several years on Jetskis and Banshee.  But Threebond (1184, superceeds 1104&1194), 1211,1215, Yamabond, Honda Bond, (basically any brand name with the suffix -seal or -bond) all work well with many being Private label Threebond products.  Seadoo uses/used Loctite 518 and catalyst to seal case halves. I've heard of people using Aviation gasket #3 also.

RTV is not recommended for this application.

The most popular are the Threebond, Motoseal, and (insert company name)bond products.

edit: looks like possibly Yamabond 4 is Threebond 1184 FWIW

maybe all rtv doesn't work. theres quit a few varieties so I don't know. the black does work good. used it on numerous engines. gas and methanol. if it didn't work believe me it would be in the trash. not sure what the grey stuff is but the red looks like it says ;resists gasoline and antifreeze; but the package is effed up so its hard to read