This will be my first top end/build iv'e done. The parts I got new are 21cc domes in a Chariot head, 28mm PWK, port job (getting done) by Alan Cain, Chariot intake, Chariot cages, Pro Circuit pipes, 65mm Wisecos, K&N pods, and a honda throttle. I will start building and tuning soon, and was wanting some more pointers. I am doing a leakdown test, squish band test, and compression test, is there any other precautions I should take? Lane at Driveline bored and honed my cylinders, and measured ring end gap and cylinder wall clearance. I have a good amount of money into this and can't have it fail

Thanks guys, and the engine hasn't had one catastrophic failure. Pistons were replaced more often then other people would replace them, crank bearings are sound and have no up and down play. And also, guns4children is right lol, i'm going 4 mill next season. Maybe even 421 driveline assassins. 

I'm not too worried about my crank separating, I don't ride that often and like what was said before, I'm going 4 mill crank with maybe some Driveline cylinders. Thanks for the advice though....This all started by me just wanting to get new carbs...Do I need help  :unsure:

Edited by LukeSandiefer

It's your bike.....do as you please. OP are just giving sound advice on what one should do/ check. More to just wiggling the connecting rods, and trying to feel free play, or movement. May never have a problem, or may end up with several.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

If you aren't gonna weld the crank, go ahead and assume you'll need new cases.

Save the trouble and jump to a 24DM triple.

AJA, I would never have a banshee engine torn down and not have the crank checked, trued, and welded. That's too easy. The way I see it is that you're going to tear it down one way or another, you may as well do it when you decide to instead of when it decides to let go.

Do a pro mod while you're in there. A good crank and trans will be a VERY good base for whatever you decide to build. $400 should cover everything. Well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk