Banshee cylinder information thread

RagunCajun

That looks fun but id be afraid to crash and end up upside down. I dont think i can brake the windows to get out under water by hitting them with my purse. I dont want to die drowning.

hydroplanes have a fighter jet cover and the floor has a door in case they are upside down. you're safe

• 2 months later...

I need help with a question about the twister cylinders.

Last week I try to order a complete small block package directly from the twister company and sent them a mail.

This mail comes directly with a error message back to me.

Iam from germany and know a problem with some mail server in the united states have a spam filter for mails from foreign countries.

I ask  Corey Dryees from Smartcarbs to help me and he have the same experience - no mail possible.

After that he try many times to call them - no reply.

Then I sent a mail to RDZ Racing, that's a twister dealer and get no reply of them.

It was very helpful for me, if somebody have information about twister  and hope, they are not out of business.

Alternativ know's somebody a dealer who trade with twister parts ?

many thanks 

9 hours ago, Micha007 said:

I need help with a question about the twister cylinders.

Last week I try to order a complete small block package directly from the twister company and sent them a mail.

This mail comes directly with a error message back to me.

Iam from germany and know a problem with some mail server in the united states have a spam filter for mails from foreign countries.

I ask  Corey Dryees from Smartcarbs to help me and he have the same experience - no mail possible.

After that he try many times to call them - no reply.

Then I sent a mail to RDZ Racing, that's a twister dealer and get no reply of them.

It was very helpful for me, if somebody have information about twister  and hope, they are not out of business.

Alternativ know's somebody a dealer who trade with twister parts ?

many thanks 

I get stuff from Lew and I've found its best to leave a voice mail and wait a couple days. So if the language isn't a barrier, I'd give it a go even though it'll be an expensive call.

However, I'd urge you to consider looking in to the CP Industries stuff. The Twister stuff is nice, but it can be a dance getting parts and I honestly don't see the company being around to much longer. Lew is getting old, and it seems Jr. is looking at other avenues. So parts would be even harder to get. As far as the CP Industries stuff, it's been proven, and just about any combo from trail to drag in every stroke and bore combo you could dream of. Not to mention how many dealers they have that are willing to return your calls and ship over seas ASAP. 

As far as comparing the two, there are several obvious differences, but in the end it boils down to cost vs performance. Not to mention headache. The CP stuff typically makes better numbers per cc out of the box, and once ported they really shine. The Twister stuff can run hard and there are a few out there, but they are high dollar motors done by very capable hands. Definitely not the norm. 

• Like 1

Many thanks for your quick response.

I think about CPI cylinders too.

In germany we have no dunes or a drag race scene  and I use the Banshee on tarmac rod legal.

We have in germany no speed limit 😀 and the engine runs for a long time in high rpm'.

Some of my buddy's have bad experiences with CPI cylinders.

I think the problem is, that the cooling capacity is to small for this kind of use.

It is not a question of money for me - i searched for the best parts on the market to built a reliable +4mm

engine with 68mm bore wth a wide torque on power band.

I spent a lot of money in my project, with a Lone Star Racing Frame, 40mm Smartcarbs, Beringer billet racing brakes

and plan to order a Mattoon Maschine billet case.

In a another threat I reed, that all the billet cylinders are made and developed from DASA and will be sell in the past

under different labels like trex, twister, fmf.

DASA has stopped the production and Tony Doukas from TDR by all the rest stuff.

Is that a right information?

TDM offers in his web shop these cylinders under trex label.

Dasa only did the trex cylinders if I remember right. Also skip the billet cases those are not needed for your build. Check into the cub cylinders. Call our site sponsor Jeff and leave a message he's busy. Also check into Driveline cylinders as well from our site sponsor Driveline!!

trickedcarbine write in a another threat:"

"DASA manufactured the T-Rex. It was also distributed by Twister, FMF, and I believe a hand full of others. In recent years Tony at TDR acquired a wholesale deal on all the remaining T-Rex stock and parts. He is pretty much the last strong hold for original parts and is also manufacturing his own stuff like sleeves, domes, and gaskets to keep them alive."

I sent a mail to TDR / Tony Doukas an he response me very quick and friendly.

Now we start the order process for the billet mono block cylinders in 68mm bore.

It takes 3 weeks for a individual set up.

I'am happy, to found this solution.