Banshee cylinder information thread

RagunCajun

Can't really go bigger than than 72mm stroke in stock cases. Anything bigger than that you should use a big wheel crank. Is doing a 72mm stroke in stock cases a good idea? Not for the average guy imo alot of flex unless you cast plugs and weld them in but you mess up one set and have to do another (with the cost) you miswell buy billet..jmo can you do a 78mm stroke in stock cases, yes, is it practical.. no again jmo

Edited by JUSTWANNARACE

Can't really go bigger than than 72mm stroke in stock cases. Anything bigger than that you should use a big wheel crank. Is doing a 72mm stroke in stock cases a good idea? Not for the average guy imo alot of flex unless you cast plugs and weld them in but you mess up one set and have to do another (with the cost) you miswell buy billet..jmo can you do a 78mm stroke in stock cases, yes, is it practical.. no again jmo

You don't know shit

If someone would like to add more detail to that, ill gladly add what's usually seen in bigger than 72 bore in stock cases. What people do and how common is failure. And what commonly fails. I would assume if you do such a cylinder(s) with that big of a bore, you would go to a builder who knows what to do and not to do. But this thread is for entertainment purposes so all info is welcome. I will try to keep first 1st post as proven facts. I just learned today the 72mm cylinders can come in big or small flange. That's exhaust but i think it's worthy of noting. I just dont know enough about that subject. If anyone has anything to add, please dont be afraid to post.

Vitos also had a Billit mono before their big stealth cylinders

I see Pro X under ESR, but am not seeing anything listed from LA Sleeve. They did a PV and non PV mono jug from 68-72mm. I believe they were available in 4, 7, 10, 12, & 14 mil strokes.

Dasa Motor for banshee was the T Rex. Rotax PV with bore from 66-72+mm. Available in multitude of strokes as well. You were correct showing that Twister at one point had an involvement in the T Rex stuff. Pretty sure he was just buying them and configuring them how he wanted them. You have a PWC motor listed.

Also, there was the PSI motors. They were PV cylinders as well, although I'm pretty sure that was a re branded cheetah as well.

If someone would like to add more detail to that, ill gladly add what's usually seen in bigger than 72 bore in stock cases. What people do and how common is failure. And what commonly fails. I would assume if you do such a cylinder(s) with that big of a bore, you would go to a builder who knows what to do and not to do. But this thread is for entertainment purposes so all info is welcome. I will try to keep first 1st post as proven facts. I just learned today the 72mm cylinders can come in big or small flange. That's exhaust but i think it's worthy of noting. I just dont know enough about that subject. If anyone has anything to add, please dont be afraid to post.

my DM is in stock cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk