Niche replica jugs everywhere?

Mxjd619

Hey guys, deciding weather or not to bore out current cylinders as they are scored up from an accident, or just by new. My question is are all the cylinder kits available on amazon, Ebay, etc.. They all seem to just be the Niche Cylinders with various piston kits and gasket kits that determine how much they sell for. I can find what looks to be the same (niche) cylinder +piston kits from 200-500 depending on if it comes with weisco products or some cheap crap. So i saw a couple older threads on this but nothing that really helped. Anyone have experience with any kit sold by ebay, amazon, 50 cal racing, etc. Its 120 for me to bore to next size prob, 64.5 or 65. Are these cylinders worth they 200 bucks regardless if the pistons are crap? Doesn't seem to be to many people that have messed around with them but any help is appreciated guys. To bore or not to bore.

The niche are not as nice as OEM, but totally workable if you let a builder touch up ports. What's your budget and what are your intentions? You could be money ahead buying a nice set of used stock cylinders that are already ported with the needed domes. Or there are the Driveline Cylinders. They have been getting stellar results for he price.

I crashed it and long story short, lost radiator fluid and broke both pistons on the exhaust side.Finished putting the case back together cause there was crap everywhere in the case. Ready for top end now, My budget is like 500, if i cant get away with buying new for that then ill take it to the shop.

Bp has a set i think thats like 300ish. I figured if the new ones are "As Good " as OEM then ill by them as a kit and just get the stock ones bored and sell them, ill make my money back probably.

so the real question is are there any companies that sell OEM quality cylinder sets out there for my budget or at more reasonable prices besides ordering directly from Yamaha themselves for 500+ a jug?

bore and pistons is like sub $300 and your done.

If you want to buy cylinders buy Driveline cylinders and youll have a 392cc bike.

392 dl. Bolt on powa for 800 bones. 70 hp with the right supporting parts.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Niche are usable, but they have so many casting flaws. If you were to buy them for porting purposes, and buy decent forged pistons they are capable.

With that being said oem > niche. If you have $500 already, then I'd save $300 more, and go driveline.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk