2 piece intake leak

dag8501

I have a 2 piece wicked intake that has several leaks where the intake splits in half. I have tired to grease the large o-ring and even put yamabond on the o-ring and mating surface with no luck. Should I just replace the o-ring even though it looks fine? If so where can I purchase a new o-ring. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I use a o-ring lube called Molly Coat 55 (this is is in Canada though eh ). Its used in aviation on o-rings and seals. Its also used in high end paintball markers. Its a lube that causes the o-ring to swell back to it original size but maintain its integrity and lubricates. You can get it at specialized shops in Canada. Its expensive stuff to get the name brand. I will take a look through my paint ball stuff to find the name of the paintball o-ring lube. Same stuff different name and smaller size (save you money).

The first thing you need to do is pull it apart and ruff up entire mating surfaces with Emory cloth. Then clean all areas with ascetone till it passes white rag test clean. Get threebond 1211 and apply it everywhere including oring grooves. Tighten it up and allow 24hrs drying time. Problem solved. I've done 50 or more this way with zero leaks. Ruffing up the surfaces is key. I've also heated the manifold with heat gun before applying 1211 to open pores of aluminum but I've also done it with no heat. Remember if your working in a cold environment everything takes longer to dry and just about any assembly process sucks