PWK 35 mm slides?

How beneficial is it to get the different slides for the PWK carbs?

I have a 2002 banshee with stock internals, PC pipes, cool head, PWK 35 mm carbs, no porting that I know of, running 6 inch pods, dynatek ignition, and vforce 3 reeds.  I believe the carbs are too big for this setup, after doing some research I found a site that you can buy different slides for these carbs from.  Has anyone tried these to lean it out, or will I be better off going down to smaller carbs?  

I did not have any luck running pwk35s on stock motors. What i mean is, under wot the 35s would run well and you could definitely feel them pull better then stock carbs on the big end but i never could get them to perform as smoothly as stock carbs for a "trail" application. I tried every jetting combo and needle combo but i never could get rid of the bottom end/midrange hiccups. I too was looking into different slides but aborted mission and just slapped the stock carbs back on which is what id recommend to you. Stock carbs actually work very well. I ran them on mtrs making mid 70s hp.

• Like 1