Street legal what's it take

Artick9

Anyone in the states done a street legal build and actually got it tagged?

How does one go about doing this or what'd it take to get it done?

I'm wanting 2 banshees one to screw around on and the other to build/make street legal.

I got a street legal CR500AF but that's how I got it tagged/titled. The owner kicked the bucket and the wife never new how it got it done. But I've always wanted as trees legal banshee with tags where the local law can't do shitttttt. Plus I'd rather cruise on that then a bike around here.

Lotta street thugs just ride all over town & apparently they don't get intruble so I wouldn't worry about it. Just put street tires on or paddles will work to, that way you can do a sick burn out right in front of cars at a red light & have your buddy bring a camera so you can make a super sweet rap video.

Lotta street thugs just ride all over town & apparently they don't get intruble so I wouldn't worry about it. Just put street tires on or paddles will work to, that way you can do a sick burn out right in front of cars at a red light & have your buddy bring a camera so you can make a super sweet rap video.

Lol I'd do it anyways. But it'd still be nice to have a street legal legit one that I would drive around the city in with no worries vs my street legal cr500af. Id rather be rolling on a banshee.

I would say proper DOT headlights and tail light, along with brake and turn signals. DOT approved tires, rear view mirrors, a speedometer. Some counties in some states require emissions testing, others don't, same goes for a state inspection. You would have to go to an enhanced inspection station, obtain the booklet to fill out to acquire a special vehicle title. Normally they want dimensions of the vehicle, pictures of the vehicle, and signatures from mechanics. I'm sure i'm missing a few hoops somewhere....lol

Easy as pie in AZ

Lighted license plate

Electric horn

Left hand mirror

Dot approved wheels & tires

Even on a 2 stroke? I thought that was the kicker for the street plated "for street use" plate. I know you can register "for off road use" and that will allow you a distance from your unloading point to the riding area.