10 Inch Rear Wheels with Knobbies

ClutchLuck24/7

Hi guys, I just got my first banshee and the tires are trashed. The dude I bought it from decided to cut the knobbies off of the rear tires and the front tires have no grip either and don't hold air for long. Other than that he took really good care of the bike and I think I got a pretty good deal. 

I am going to buy new wheels and tires soon and I think I want 10inch rear wheels. I love the look of the slightly bigger rim on an 18 or 20 inch tire, but I have only seen a few pics of a 10 inch rim with knobbies.. Most of the pictures I have seen of 10s have sand paddles. I ride probably about 60/40 trail riding and closed street riding(not drag racing) and my engine internal are stock specs if any of that matters for your suggestions..

But here is the look I'm going for. Idk who's bike this is btw.

FAVORITE_zpseuqdygeb.jpg

And here is what my tire situation looks like.. Sorry for the shitty angles these were random pictures I took the day after I bought it. I'll post some better pictures tomorrow night

IMAG0365.jpg

IMAG0370.jpg

If you can, post some pictures of some 10inch wheels with dirt tires, and if you have em tell me what you think about them.. Thanks guys

10" isn't a very good wheel size. There are far more tire options out there for a 9" wheel. I would suggest switching.

As far as tires go, the CST Pulse and Ohtsu MR501 are the best performing tires for a Banshee.

You can buy a full set of CST Pulse on ebay for $350.

My cst pulse tires hook harder than my pro wedge 2's. I'd go with a smaller rear wheel. You get more choices of tires. The smaller the wheel, the more sidewall you have assuming tire height is the same. More sidewall means more traction. Traction is goooood.

As.for offset, I'd have to look it up in my records. I just bought what Loco told me to. Bam.

10" isn't a very good wheel size. There are far more tire options out there for a 9" wheel. I would suggest switching.

As far as tires go, the CST Pulse and Ohtsu MR501 are the best performing tires for a Banshee.

You can buy a full set of CST Pulse on ebay for $350.

So the pulse is hooking better then ambush?

I like the look of the 10" rear rim as well. I did a little research on this pic and here's what I found. Please see link below.

https://www.bikepics.com/members/davidgepp/motorcycles?model=00banshee&page=1

You may try to contact the guy who owns the quad to get more info on this wheel/tire set up. In the next day or two, when I get some time, I may do the same.

Hope this helps out.

• Like 1

I like the look of the 10" rear rim as well. I did a little research on this pic and here's what I found. Please see link below.

https://www.bikepics.com/members/davidgepp/motorcycles?model=00banshee&page=1

You may try to contact the guy who owns the quad to get more info on this wheel/tire set up. In the next day or two, when I get some time, I may do the same.

Hope this helps out.

Ahh thanks..