One cylinder firing

bansheeboy1811

It's the right cylinder thats giving me the problem. Its firing but not burning the fuel. Changed all electrical with no luck. Changed carbs around. No luck. Changed reeds. No luck.Raw fuel is coming out of the pipe on that cylinder

Leaky head gasket?

Look for water droplets on that spark plug.

Drain water and see if it will start (don't run it like that)

Or pressure test the cooling system, or remove head and take a look.

Could also be air leak around crank seal or other area.

• 3 years later...
On 12/2/2016 at 4:27 PM, bansheeboy1811 said:

It's the right cylinder thats giving me the problem. Its firing but not burning the fuel. Changed all electrical with no luck. Changed carbs around. No luck. Changed reeds. No luck.Raw fuel is coming out of the pipe on that cylinder

Ever figure out what it was?

• 5 months later...

Fuel out the exhaust means it isnt sparking or you are blowing it out. It sounds electrical, so changing out the stator/cdi/flywheel should have fixed it, but if they are chinese junk it could still be the problem. It could be a carb or plug issue. Make sure you are running new NGK BR8ES plugs and not those junk iridium ones. Also, on stock carbs, the left one has a little metal dot on the bowl. They cant be switched around and this one should always be the left, as this carb has the choke and the bowl is setup for it. Make sure you have the right bowl on the right carb. There is an emulsion hole between the needle on slide and the needle valve that controls float. Make sure this isnt clogged with junk. Make sure your fuel/air screw is completely cleaned out and not clogged. Make sure that your carbs float heights are within spec, I think like 20mm? 

I guarentee you it is one of these things listed. Start with your carbs, as that is the easiest fix.