Another 1/8 mile gearing question

Rednecklights

I've read multiple threads and forums thru search and was still a little curious of opinions for my sprocket set up.

Stock drag port cyl

Stock Stroke

Alky

Drag frame 225ish rider.

I have a 1-5 trans

19" American racers

I was going to order a 18t front and to go along with my 41t rear , will this get me in the ball park for 1/8 mile asphalt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't run asphalt, but no. You'd only top out at 82 mph assuming your motor revs to 10,000 rpm.

You can run that and have fun, but not in the ballpark for the gearing. Needs a higher ratio.

I found the gearing calculator on here and I see what you're saying.

20/38 will get me a hair under 100mph .... a little over rev should get me close but man that's asking to pull a lot of gear

I found the gearing calculator on here and I see what you're saying.

20/38 will get me a hair under 100mph .... a little over rev should get me close but man that's asking to pull a lot of gear

In 300 ft racing with an unknown or new build if I have time a may gear a little low and see what mph it runs. Then I know what rpm it is turning at the traps. From there I re gear to what I think is the correct mph for that particular setup.

I'm running a 18/39 with 19" M/T slick on my 421 cub as cast setup for race gas (C12). I did a 6.73s pass @ 104mph this summer on stock unmodified frame and the track didn't stick well.

Swingarm length, suspension, wheelie bar or not, clutch tuning...every factor is important. Like Zilla said, buy a couple sprockets and make your own test. Every bike is different...

Your gonna be wanting a honda rear hub with 18 on the back i think.

Go to a 19-38 and see if its enough..

I dont think you will be able to fit a 20 up front or anything smaller than 38 with a banshee rear hub

Thanks guys !

I need to get my wheelie bar welded up and make it to the track before they shut down for the year

We used a 17/36 (2.12 ratio) for both the 1/8 & 1/4 mile using a 2.86 primary with 20" AR's. We use 5th gear for 1/8 & 6th for 1/4 mile & turned a bunch of rpm for both distances.

Where the hell have you been!!!

Senior Center must have lost internet for a couple months!

Glad I was missed, LOL!

I've been lurking for a while. We bought another house & have self imposed no TV or Computer there for now. Plus, with my work I'm not allowed a cell phone or internet. I happened to be at our old house sick today & looks like tomorrow also. Decided to pass on a little info.

Angel has taken over all the quad shit & It's very nice not having the headaches anymore.