90+hp Serval Duner what paddles?

Strm Trpr

I like my 9pdl 73 ro sls haulers to play in the dunes on my servals. Been using them for years with no issues.

This last trip I went with the same tires only 12pdl and loved them as well but it's also a 10mil serval.

Trail Bikes, FTW

What was the main difference in handling? I'm sure the forward traction improved big time, but what about getting a little sideways in a bowl or berm? Was turning affected? I've got some sls haulers I use for dragging, but now that I've shortened my swinger, +6 to +2, I'm thinking about just rolling the haulers and leaving the sandstars on the trailer.

With the 8" wheels, I have great side bite and in the bowls it will bee line around them rather I'm going fast or slow. They don't slide like my old 10" wheels did. I won't buy anything but 8" sls haulers for any banshee I own.

I put the 9pdls on the 4mil stock cyl this year (vs the 10" 8 pdl non buffed haulers) and they worked amazingly.

Trail Bikes, FTW

You can turn but soon as you start making power front tires get off the sand and you're going straight.

It was my first weekend ever on straight paddles and I'll never go back.

I get down into tight technical gulleys and switch back berms and the climbing traction is amazing!

What was the main difference in handling? I'm sure the forward traction improved big time, but what about getting a little sideways in a bowl or berm? Was turning affected? I've got some sls haulers I use for dragging, but now that I've shortened my swinger, +6 to +2, I'm thinking about just rolling the haulers and leaving the sandstars on the trailer.

You're gonna love the +2" swing arm.

As far as paddles go, I'm going to go with a bead to bead buff 21x12x8 10 paddle extremes and be done with it.

• Like 1

You can turn but soon as you start making power front tires get off the sand and you're going straight.

It was my first weekend ever on straight paddles and I'll never go back.

I get down into tight technical gulleys and switch back berms and the climbing traction is amazing!

My 9pdls didn't really raise the front end any but the 12s sure did.

Trail Bikes, FTW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm glad you bought, tried out, and are happy with your tires... because they are absolutely the tire I didn't like for duning! :)
I only dune at Glamis and I like to slide -- I had a set of 21x12x8 8 paddle tires and HATED them for anything but straight line dragging.  Trying to ride a bowl would slide a bit, dig in, flex, try to launch the front end (repeat like 6 times per bowl) and it just wasn't as much fun as carving a corner on 10" wheels to me.  It was mushy and unstable compared to precise and controllable on my serval with a +2 swinger and +2+4 front end.
I like my Sandstars for duning -- I sold my Haulers.
So I'm glad you didn't read my post b4 you picked up your setup!

• Like 1

No front bumper? Did you do this to keep the bike less nose heavy?

I like the way it looks without a bumper.

I don't run a bumper on mine. Look preference more than anything for me

4 servo, 10 servo, 10 cub, 10 dm, gigidy

Exactly!!

• Like 1