In house frame modification questions.

Looking for pictures or just general discussion's on Fabricating your own subframe's, Modified foot pegs, bumbers, brackets, possibly self extended swingers +2 to 4 or anything not engine related really that you guys have personally done. I have been working in a machine shop for the past year fabricating and such, and will be begin to dabble in this for my own personal bike. Looking to get ideas. All opinion's welcome, Thanks in advance. 

extending a stock banshee swingarm is a huge waste of time and money. make a new swingarm if anything.

as for anything else, you just need to measure the stock one and make sure your new part mounts in the same location. a good jig comes in hand for this. Maybe buy a spare frame you can use as part of a jig.

Hmm Im only worried about the materiel's strength if i was to fab a whole new one. But i assume that it would be possible if i can get a carrier and the wishbone to mount straight.     

don't stretch a stock swingarm. when you make the new weld, it is two weak spots on the swingarm. these are weak spots.

make a new one.

send me one of these extra frames lol.

The welds that would be on the new swinger would be the same that i would be doing while stretching my own? lol.

And Head towards ky man, shipping's The worst part.  

don't stretch a stock swingarm. when you make the new weld, it is two weak spots on the swingarm. these are weak spots.

make a new one.

this can happen when you try to extend a stock swingarm, yes it is a z400.

b6935c51a4ba18e4cc311ab117acf4f3.jpg

send me one of these extra frames lol.

Defiantly this was my biggest worry when considering this.. 

no. the welds wont be in the middle of the swingarm and completely around it. with a new one, you normally run a single tube down each side. the only welds in the middle are for the linkage. they also are not fully around the tube.

if i can ever head down to the other side of kentucky, i will take you up. i need a frame to do some measuring.

This makes alot of sense, the stress from the entire bike wont be on the weld around the 2 new points..

And if you do, Pulaski county. Lake Cumberland area. 

Just a little piece of info.. If you can't build the swingarm, you are going to have a heck of a time with everything else.

The swingarm should be the easiest part, especially if you're just using round or rectangle tube.

How will you make bends for the sub-frame?

Gussett pieces will be harder to make than the swingarm.

I just want you to think about this before you get in over your head.

Just a little piece of info.. If you can't build the swingarm, you are going to have a heck of a time with everything else.

The swingarm should be the easiest part, especially if you're just using round or rectangle tube.

How will you make bends for the sub-frame?

Gussett pieces will be harder to make than the swingarm.

I just want you to think about this before you get in over your head.

Only reason i was thinking extending would be easier than building was for the carrier mounting And keeping everything lined up and evenly. As well as the Thickness of the materiel that i would need to be using to ensure there isnt any warping or give when riding. But the worst i can do is end up with a piece of scrap if i try to build one from scratch. Which will be round tubing if its built. 

We have pipe benders, welders, shears, Lathes, Mills, Drill presses, Breakers, Presses.Plenty of stock material. And all the time i need, so its something that im going to be dabbling in through out the summer. 

Just looking to gather everything that im going to need to know in the power sports side of fab and machining. Before i do get in over my head.