running like a piece help please

proyzrider

Hey everyone just chasing some advice had my 2012 stock as a rock shee sitting for a good couple of months and was running fine last time i rode it, couldnt get it to start so i changed the plugs finally got it started, it idles fine but when i give it throttle it makes a really throaty sucking sound and wont pick up in rpm. I took the carbys of and cleaned them they had a bit of sand in them but it hasnt fixed the problem any suggestions

Also what filter settups is everyone running the stock setup is sooo shit

Yep sounds like an "air" problem. Take your intakes, reeds, carbs, air filter off and clean all parts. Make sure you take the jets or and clean them too. Do one carb at a time so you don't mix parts up. Make sure you don't forget to re connect the choke tube between the two carbs. After all this is done report back with your findings.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yup i thoroughly cleaned both carbys and it still ran like shit, pulled them off and took the reeds out they look fine to me a tiny bit of sand on them nothing to major, do reeds ever just need to be replaced.i drained old fuel and put new fuel in. Any ideas?

Edited by proyzrider

Yup i thoroughly cleaned both carbys and it still ran like shit, pulled them off and took the reeds out they look fine to me a tiny bit of sand on them nothing to major, do reeds ever just need to be replaced.i drained old fuel and put new fuel in. Any ideas?

Un plug tors and parking break.

Reeds are a seasonal item IMO. but a lot of people let them go way longer then that.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...