A arm frame (1994) to a J arm frame(1989)

DEML

Let my buddy drive my banshee last year down my driveway and back... Long story short he sent my banshee threw my garage door. Broke a lot of stuff and tweeked my frame pretty good. Im going this weekend to look at a 1989 banshee that has almost everything i need but its a J arm frame not an A arm frame. Just wondering if everything will bolt up properly?

Other than the arms, the only somewhat important thing (on my 87 at least) is there is no way to bolt on the factory heel guards. May be different on 88-90 j arm frames. And on the front end i just replaced my stock arms with Fireball +2 +1 J arms and they are really nice. Options are limited on those though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stellar, fireball, metaltech, plus others all make nice j-arm setups.  they are just not as available used.  thats the biggest difference from j - a-arm

front brakes and front spindles are different if its the early setup also.  front brake lines are specific to those early big brake setups the flywheel is not as powerful for lighting, wire harness plugs are different, petcock lever is smaller older ones had glas light bulbs some had chrome rings for the headlights also.  rear swingarm/ carrier mounting and rear axle sproket hub are differnt also. on early  some of that was changed 89-90  i cannto rember what year but one had 10" rear wheels and the 4/143 bolt pattern ( big ass hubs)