Tuners

sheerider11

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im being a little optimistic here, but i have never seen a tune being very effective in gas trucks. Every tune i played with was a complete waste.

Same here. I have a couple of hypertech boxes on the shelf. Then I got my first Justin tuned pcm out of a wrecked truck. I was stunned.

Im being a little optimistic here, but i have never seen a tune being very effective in gas trucks. Every tune i played with was a complete waste.

I had a super chips in. It helped a very little bit.

But from reviews on line, people say a plug and play doesn't even compare to what they do.

Said it's a whole different animal. And I'm doing the in person tune, people say that's even better then the pcm's he sends out.

A tune isn't as noticeable on gas trucks because there's no turbo and the entire engine isn't detune like crazy from the factory. For most turbo platforms, a tune is night and day. On gas trucks.... Not so much. Imo takes forced induction or nitrous to really make a difference. With an auto it still can feel lazy

A tune isn't as noticeable on gas trucks because there's no turbo and the entire engine isn't detune like crazy from the factory. For most turbo platforms, a tune is night and day. On gas trucks.... Not so much. Imo takes forced induction or nitrous to really make a difference. With an auto it still can feel lazy

I don't know, people have said it's made there trucks into totally new trucks.

I don't know, people have said it's made there trucks into totally new trucks.

I approve this. Ragin, most tunes are worthless in gas engines, but Blackbears. Only has tune I've seen that make you go "oh hell" when the tow haul button tune is used.