Tuners

sheerider11

Looking at getting a tuner for my truck. I have a super chips now. I'm not impressed.

I was looking I into the black bear tuners. he's expensive tho. They have a good rep and are coming to a town about 20 minutes away from me. So that will save me a few bucks as they will tune the truck on the spot and I won't need to get a new computer and borrow there cable and stuff.

Any one have any info on them?

Or know if one of the plug and plays is better then the other?

I have a 2015 silverado. Daily driver and don't tow much. Just a little single axle that you can't even feel behind the truck.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let justin(blackbear) tune it. It will feel like night and day difference. Guy at my work got his 08 tuned by Justin. It went from decently quick to what feels like an animal.

That's what I heard. Not many if any bad reviews. And apparently get unknown power out of these gm motors.

But if they do come to town I need to reserve a spot and make a day of it.

See what shops run the number without blowing the engine or hurting the trans. Tunes are a very sensitive subject. I think im on tuner number 5. I'm happy now. I do email tuner. I datalog until we are happy.

I concider that. I saw black bear offers the cable and stuff to data log and they build a time based off of that.

But I honestly don't have the time to do that. I also don't have a reliable computer to use.

I concider that. I saw black bear offers the cable and stuff to data log and they build a time based off of that.

But I honestly don't have the time to do that. I also don't have a reliable computer to use.

You use a handheld tuner like a SCT xcal 3 or 4. Youll probably want one anyways once done. The handheld plugs into the ob2 and that goes to your laptop. It's very very easy to do. You dont need some new fancy laptop. I'm using a very old one with windows 7. But if you have a good tuner local with a dyno, that will work.

Hello,

I am the in house tuner  at Krazyhouse Customs near princeton. I would reccomend a custom dyno tune via HPTuners software.. "canned" or "chip" tunes generally do not gain any power at all on NA applications and there is alot more to a custom dyno tune then most people think..I only use a mustang load bearing eddy current 4wd dyno to simulate road conditions.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them, I have been doing this for quite a while lol

Pete

Edited by peteyturbo

Hello,

I am the in house tuner at Krazyhouse Customs near princeton. I would reccomend a custom dyno tune via HPTuners software.. "canned" or "chip" tunes generally do not gain any power at all on NA applications and there is alot more to a custom dyno tune then most people think..I only use a mustang load bearing eddy current 4wd dyno to simulate road conditions.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them, I have been doing this for quite a while lol

Pete

did you guys ever sell that banshee that you wanted like 10k for??

did you guys ever sell that banshee that you wanted like 10k for??

Who would ever pay that much for that thing goes through my mind about every time I walk in the door of that place lol. But no, I'm pretty sure it just sits there.. It's more of a defense mechanism the owner has in order to not sell stuff. At least thats what I convinced myself to believe..

Its the same deal with all the other toys he bought and tries to sell, they just end up not selling and time goes on lol

Edited by peteyturbo

3-500. Just call and get a quote. Some charge more. Some one even tune you if the vehicle isnt to their standards mechanically.

Pretty sure we charge 500 but I'm not sure if that includes the $100 HPtuners vehicle license or not.. You are correct about turning cars away.. About 25% of cars are turned away due to being a liability or not up to the tuners standards. Me personally I turn people away with shitty mods because I know they wont be happy with the result and will bitch about it after the tune since they just wasted money. For instance picture a C6 corvette with a $10k built motor looking to tune for an ebay china turbo kit lol..