Keyless entry installation, how hard?

vrx46

That van is sweet. I bet u kids be chiefin heavy in there. Inside pics

Thanks bro, I've had some fun times in it lol898871921081923719df26eeb0222360.jpg

9e2f4cc228890906f974a9d587016241.jpg

db22ad54a31f469d07269ab2dc7a1726.jpg

e35a885fe21c15ec5c843f3bd2eda2ee.jpg

The couch in the back turns into a bed, 4 captains chairs, tv, PlayStation 1, VCR, CB radio, table. It's fully loaded for the time, you take a trip back to the 90s when in it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not install aftermarket electronic bullshit, it'll fuck up. Im an ASE L1-L3 recerted Master Technician 22yrs, and a shop owner. I get people all the time asking me to install that crap, i tell them no, but I'll remove it for you when it fucks up.

• Like 1

Do not install aftermarket electronic bullshit, it'll fuck up. Im an ASE L1-L3 recerted Master Technician 22yrs, and a shop owner. I get people all the time asking me to install that crap, i tell them no, but I'll remove it for you when it fucks up.

Thank you for saying exactly what I said.

Nothing good comes from that shit. Ever.

If it's not factory installed it doesn't belong.

You should charge people and taxi them around kinda like a party bus....I would love to party in that thing....definitely need a designated driver....

It's fun to party in, I love having a bunch of friends in there cruising down the road passing the blunt lol

thanks for the advice from you and sheerider. gonna keep it oldschool with no system. Not tryna fuck it up.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the fob to an auto part store and it is not working. I don't think I'm going to pay several hundred for a new one so I'd like to disassemble and clean the key lock. Has anyone done this?

Usually there pretty easy.

Keep the tumblers in the same order and use some graphite lube.

But normally a squirt of wd40 and running g the key in and out a few times is sufficient.

The lock cylinder IS removable, but once it's in your hand it, itself is peened together. You can't dismantle it. More than likely it's the latch mechanism that's rusted and seizing. You'll need to take the door panel off and inspect all the moving parts. I've had luck soaking the latches in mineral spirits, then in ATF to free them up.

Yes, but you need to inspect all related parts. Most times the window glass will need to be removed to access all the moving parts easily. Im betting the lock lever on the door latch itself is the culprit. Probably rusted.