6 Weeks ago my banshee developed a clutch problem. I rode down the road and when I released the clutch handle the clutch arm jammed and the clutch cable came loose. We knocked the clutch arm back, put the cable back in place, tightened and we were able able to push the clutch arm fully back and forth with our finger alone, so it worked again.

Now we've got it back and after changing gears for the first time, it did the same thing. Pulled in the clutch handle, release and it didn't spring back. Because the clutch arm jammed shut and the cable had come loose and was pulling freely. We tried the same thing but only managed to free it a little, the clutch arm does not go far enough forward to actually engage the clutch.

I'd like to know if there's anything if I can do to help the situation that doesnt require a lot of stripping. I'd like to refrain from sending it to the Yamaha mechanic for the 3rd time in 5 months, but if it involves taking the engine out, stripping the clutch and removing the carbs just to take out the clutch linkage, then i'll just send it to the mechanic once again because I really don't know what to look for.

Here is a video showing the problem:

I bet the nut fell off the adjuster.

I also bet your "mechanic" don't know Banshees

My mechanic has nothing but Banshees, Blasters & 2-Stroke dirt bikes in his yard. He's a reputable guy.

I re-read your 1st post. It's probably welded. Your 2nd post didn't address my questions, so your mechanic should address the problem.

I have a Haynes manual (Covers the banshee, warrior & raptor), not a Clymers manual. I don't know if they're pretty much the same, but it's something. I have lots of tools, however one I don't have is a Clutch grab tool or a tool for the flywheel. Other than that, I have everything I'd need.

I have a Haynes manual (Covers the banshee, warrior & raptor), not a Clymers manual. I don't know if they're pretty much the same, but it's something. I have lots of tools, however one I don't have is a Clutch grab tool or a tool for the flywheel. Other than that, I have everything I'd need.

Just take it to your "banshee mechanic" it shouldn't cost more than a grand or two..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really ? was it even worth commenting?

Yea he obviously doesn't know what he's doing.... And has a reputable mech... Instead of all of us giving him shit and risking him fucking it up worse he should probably go to his mechanic, the rod and ball are welded the cases will have to be split

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk