Yfz shocks on a banshee

2005she

So that means I can buy the yfz shocks and the alba a-arms and not need to grind or do anything to my frame right

Ffs, he's being sarcastic. Buy banshee shocks. Search your question, and ask yourself if that's the route you wanna go.

sent from yo mammy house.

YFZ shocks are harder and for MX, you will just beat yourself up. A correct pair of shock for the bike will work good. A guy up the street did some YFZ shock mod and his bike sat all kinda funky. Alba arms are not very strong, they are made very cheap honestly. I'd run stock arms before I ran their arms.

Whoa there buddy, they are cheap but not as cheap as Stock arms. Wouldn't go that far
  • Like 1

I jumped the gun and grabbed a set of yfz shocks cheap for my banshee on +2+1 LSR arms. my nose sits a bit high and they definitely ride a little rough. They beat you up on rough terrain at speed. So don't buy a set, but if you're really pressed to get some, let me know lol ill sell them cheap

If the shocks are the correct length wtf difference does it make what they came off of? Not sure it does. I think the yfz shocks are a decent option especially if you have them redone and setup. Doubt the average rider would notice any difference in a good yfz or whatever stock shock compared to one of the I gotta have to look cool aftermarket shocks. If setup correctly.

I jumped the gun and grabbed a set of yfz shocks cheap for my banshee on +2+1 LSR arms. my nose sits a bit high and they definitely ride a little rough. They beat you up on rough terrain at speed. So don't buy a set, but if you're really pressed to get some, let me know lol ill sell them cheap

That's what happens when you put too long of a shock in. It gave you a bunch of bumpsteer too I'm sure.

Edited by dave5.0

That's what happens when you put too long of a shock in. It gave you a bunch of bumpsteer too I'm sure.

Im supposed to be getting elka stage 2s dirt cheap, literally, like $200 for all 3. So I'm not going to spend anytime working on tuning these

I can easily tell a differnce. A yfz shock will not be set up for me. A cheap work shock set up for me will be 10x better than a stock yfz shock.

A "set up for you" yfz shock is going to be better than a set up for you cheap works. That's what I said.